All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
Search similar:

uniqs

DawnMMc
@startek.com

DawnMMc

Anon

2000 Dodge Durangeo overheating and trans light issues...

After having the Durango for 2 years and having NO issues the dang thing started overheating constantly. Beyond the research I did we actually were putting it back together and getting ready to take it for better diagnostics when it completely quit acting up. All we did was drill a 1/8 hole in the thermostat. It now has no problems at all and highly recommend looking into the type of thermostat that is available. They do need the breath valve and they often get stuck so the permanent hole seems to be solving the issue.
Now after a tragic flood and hail storm I was driving through a rather large puddle and the the trans temp light automatically came on- shutting off the over drive- and off for the next 30 minutes. Got to my destination and let it dry off. Turn it back on and it did it once again but has now stopped. I'm assuming a sensor was tripped when the water came up inside the undercarriage. Can't seem to notice anything wrong...but if there is any advice I'd greatly appreiciate it.