spc
Search similar:

uniqs
georgeglass5
join:2010-06-07
New York, NY

georgeglass5

Geepers

They fail to mention that if you have a relatively new tv, you can use rabbit ears. Nothing wrong with, over the air signals. I routinely use them during heavy storms / signal fade, of my direct tv.

buzz_4_20
join:2003-09-20
Dover, NH

1 recommendation

buzz_4_20

Not everyone lives in such a well serviced area.

IE... I live less than 15 miles from the local CBS tower... but I'm on the backside of a hill and would need a 50' mast to catch the signal.
My landlord isn't going to let that fly
frank124c
join:2003-12-04
Brooklyn, NY

frank124c to georgeglass5

to georgeglass5
I don't understand how you get such good reception on your TV. I live in Brooklyn NY and all I get is one over the air channel since they switched to hd. My solution till now was to use bit torrent, hulu and google for free tv. Then I started to use Aereo but Aereo is no good because they charge money and they don't let you watch more than a half hour at a time after which you have to close and re-open your browser to continue watching! What's that all about?! Now I found filmon which is free and lets you watch as long as you like. It seems to me that if the courts should rule against Aereo and Filmon they would be ruling against antennas altogether! They might very well do this since as Dickens said, "The law, suh, is a ass!" But if they did, we still would have bit torrent, newsgroups and whatever new thing someone comes up with including possibly starting a web service in Cuba that streams tv. Since the internet the world is no longer the monolithic playground of the big corporations!