Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

MRCUR

join:2007-03-09
Columbia, PA

[Speed] Biz Class Speed Changes

Hi everyone,

I just noticed on the Comcast biz class site they changed up the speed tiers. Looks like 100/20 is the same price that 50/10 used to be, at least in the Northeast. »business.comcast.com/smb/service···ans-ned2

Anyone seeing bumps after a reboot?

-MRCUR

derekivey

join:2006-03-30
San Jose, CA
kudos:1
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS
Site says "Limited Time Offer" and appears to be for new customers only:

quote:
Additional Pricing and Offer Details
Offer ends 8/31/13, and is limited to new Business customers. Some speeds not available in all areas. Call 866-682-7927 to confirm availability in your area. Premium Internet $20.00 discount rolls in month 25. Deluxe Internet 2-year contract: $40.00 discount rolls in month 25. Deluxe Internet 3-year contract: $40.00 discount rolls to $20 discount in month 25; $20 discount rolls after original term in month 36. Deluxe 100 Plus 2-year contract: $50.00 discount rolls off in month 25. Deluxe 100 Plus 2-year contract: $50 discount rolls to $30 discount in month 25; $30.00 discount rolls off after original term in month 37. Early termination fees apply. 2012 rating by PC Mag based on review of customer data from www.speedtest.net. A trademark of Ziff Davis, Inc. Used under license. © 2012 Ziff Davis, Inc. All Rights Reserved.© 2013 Comcast. All rights reserved. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.

Competition

@comcast.net
reply to MRCUR
Competition makes a big difference!

In FIOS areas (competition):

In U-Verse areas (no competetion):

Darknessfall
Premium
join:2012-08-17
kudos:6
Seems Connecticut doesn't get to tag along with these FiOS vs Comcast upgrades/prices this time.

MRCUR

Columbia, PA
reply to Competition
I'm not sure I'd call our area one with "competition" (certainly no FiOS!), and that's the new pricing/tier page I see now.

saratoga66

join:2002-08-22
Saratoga, CA
reply to MRCUR
In my area it shows the faster speeds/lower prices but FIOS is NOT available.

Darknessfall
Premium
join:2012-08-17
kudos:6
Reviews:
·Frontier Communi..
·Comcast
·AT&T U-Verse

3 edits
said by saratoga66:

Did you make sure to go to the site on your own?

If you click that link it'll show the offer no matter where you are.

You'll get either of these when you go to the site on your own
»business.comcast.com/smb/service···ans-ned2 (Higher speeds/lower prices)
»business.comcast.com/smb/service···lans-NED (Regular)

Since it won't let me change area in FF, I used Chrome and all I was sent to was »business.comcast.com/smb/service···et/plans

I plugged in an address of a house in Columbia, PA and the page remained the same with the regular tiers. Weird how it's acting differently on Chrome. Then, I managed to get a new address put in FF and the Columbia, PA address went to »business.comcast.com/smb/service···lans-NED.

Oedipus

join:2005-05-09
reply to MRCUR
I'm seeing the same results as the OP here in Fresno. I didn't click on his link until after I checked the plans available to me. This is AT&T country, and I don't think Uverse is available here at the office.

MRCUR

Columbia, PA
reply to MRCUR
Anyone with biz class able to do a reboot and see if they get the updated speeds? I can't until end of day at the earliest.

ropeguru
Premium
join:2001-01-25
Mechanicsville, VA

1 edit
Are you speaking of a modem reboot?

EDIT: There are no "updated" speeds. If you are a new customer you will get the lower price if you order by a certain date. If you are an existing customer, you get what you have now for speed at your current contracted price.

saratoga66

join:2002-08-22
Saratoga, CA
reply to Darknessfall
said by Darknessfall:

said by saratoga66:

Did you make sure to go to the site on your own?

If you click that link it'll show the offer no matter where you are.

You'll get either of these when you go to the site on your own
»business.comcast.com/smb/service···ans-ned2 (Higher speeds/lower prices)
»business.comcast.com/smb/service···lans-NED (Regular)

Since it won't let me change area in FF, I used Chrome and all I was sent to was »business.comcast.com/smb/service···et/plans

I plugged in an address of a house in Columbia, PA and the page remained the same with the regular tiers. Weird how it's acting differently on Chrome. Then, I managed to get a new address put in FF and the Columbia, PA address went to »business.comcast.com/smb/service···lans-NED.

I went to the Comcast Business web site and entered my home phone number. It then brought up the options available exactly as shown in the first picture.

derekivey

San Jose, CA
reply to MRCUR
Weird. »business.comcast.com/smb/service···et/plans is taking me to the old pricing now...

derekivey

San Jose, CA
reply to MRCUR
Did anyone reboot their modem and see if their speeds changed? I'm guessing the answer is probably no since this deal looks like it's only available to new customers...

MRCUR

Columbia, PA
said by derekivey:

Did anyone reboot their modem and see if their speeds changed? I'm guessing the answer is probably no since this deal looks like it's only available to new customers...

I did a reboot last night and no change. I actually need to get more static IPs, so when I call for that I'll ask about the new speeds. I'm now getting directed back to the old "NED" page and not the "NED2" page.

ropeguru
Premium
Mechanicsville, VA
Again!!!

There are NO updated speeds for current users. Read what has been posted. It is a LIMITED time offer for NEW customers ONLY!!

Why is it so hard to comprehend what has been already answered??

MRCUR

Columbia, PA
Jeez man, wake up on the wrong side of the bed again today?

ropeguru
Premium
Mechanicsville, VA
Not at all...

It is just the lack of comprehension by people these days when the answer has been presented over and over...