how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

bryanp

@zirmed.com
reply to dark_star

Re: [Internet] Mysterious Modem Breakage in Louisville

Yep, mine starting rebooting frequently shortly after TWC took over from Insight. After many calls and a tech coming out, the solve was to swap it out with one of theirs.

dark_star

join:2003-11-14
Louisville
kudos:1

said by bryanp :

Yep, mine starting rebooting frequently shortly after TWC took over from Insight. After many calls and a tech coming out, the solve was to swap it out with one of theirs.

Now my brand new 6141 is rebooting frequently. Sometimes it goes a few hours, sometimes it reboots a couple of times in one hour.

tony967

join:2013-02-02
Louisville, KY

I first started out with the SB6141 modem in Louisville. After a week it started rebooting every half an hour. I returned it to Best Buy and got the Zoom 5341J. This one is working so far. It has been several weeks.

dark_star

join:2003-11-14
Louisville

Thanks for the info.

I read in another thread, the one about the 6141 firmware updates, that the 6141 reboots when it loses one of the four bonded channels. The Zoom is not sensitive to that.

While the speed is very good (more than I'm paying for) the reboots are very annoying. The longest I've been online without a reboot is eight hours. Two or three is average. Sometimes it reboots a couple of times in one hour.

So if the reboots don't stop, I think I will watch for a sale on the Zoom, and get one then.