PamelaTS
Digital Chick
join:2004-04-20
Dallas, TX
Asus RT-AC66
HTC 5G Hub

PamelaTS

[Internet] Blocking CBS Streaming Servers violates Net Neutralit

Blocking CBS Video streaming servers is a violation of Net Neutrality.

Blocking the broadcast CBS ok that's why I use TiVo's with OTA capability. Blocking Flix and Smithsonian especially the latter when I was paying extra for that channel already that's out of line! So customers whose TV is provided via another service like Satellite are being punished for your childish TIFF with CBS.

Well I'm divorcing TWC as my TV provider and if I must I'll get a low cost VPN to go around your blockade for streaming content. Better to pay them than you.

I'll be delivering the cable cards and tuning adapters tomorrow!

DirecTV was glad to have an old 14 year customer back, with the new low profile bracket for the slimline dish some of my neighbors now have I'll be glad to be back with DirecTV, oh yes 3D TV again for NO EXTRA COST! Free NFL Extra for a YEAR and a boatload of channels that TWC doesn't carry like HDNET and HDNET-Movies.

Not crying over losing TWC TV! I mean really the TWC TV app only worked when I had TWC as my ISP also, really!
Phroz
join:2005-11-23
Lewiston, ME

Phroz

Re: [Internet] Blocking CBS Streaming Servers violates Net Neutr

TWC isn't blocking us from streaming video on cbs.com

CBS is blocking TWC customers. I live in an area not affected by the dispute. I still get my local CBS affiliate on TV, but CBS has still blocked me from streaming videos on their site.
rjbasye
join:2000-05-24
Dry Ridge, KY

rjbasye

Download the proxy extension for Firefox.
46436203 (banned)
join:2013-01-03

46436203 (banned) to PamelaTS

to PamelaTS
Why are you blaming Time Warner for something that CBS is doing?

It makes no sense. Why would Time Warner want to block you from being able to watch CBS's programming for free online and thus completely negating CBS's little spat with them?

CBS is blocking you from watching their content if you have Time Warner, because they want you to get angry at Time Warner.
trade
join:2002-09-25
Fullerton, CA

trade to PamelaTS

to PamelaTS
Right now I am paying around $124 at month on cable, telephone and internet bundle.

My Tivo Elite is not OTA, so I cannot get CBS on it. Could you tell how much will be DirecTV to take in consideration to switch.

I need buy its TIVO and pay a fee for each room, maybe don't compensate the effort
Happydude32
Premium Member
join:2005-07-16

Happydude32 to PamelaTS

Premium Member

to PamelaTS
Reading this guys rants has become humorous, once he dumps TW I will miss them.

A few things to note

1) CBS is blocking the streaming not TW
2) Enjoy the one 3D channel DirecTV will have left after ESPN 3D shuts down
3) The TWC TV app only works on your home TWC network for the most part, at the request of the content providers, TWC has no say in the matter unless the content providers want to be cooperative like BBC America and PAC 12 Networks.
4) Enjoy what HDNet as become

PamelaTS
Digital Chick
Dallas, TX
Asus RT-AC66
HTC 5G Hub

PamelaTS

DirecTV has not 1 or 2, but 7 - 3D channels! Except for Billiards I could care less about ESPN.

Your wrong it is in fact TWC blocking CBS video stream servers!

As to the TWC TV video streaming it didn't work at all on other networks until I had TWC as my ISP also! Amazingly as soon as I finished my contract with Clear and activated TWC as my ISP TWC TV began working, before that NONE of the channels works and the error message was clear it was indeed because I did not have a TWC Internet account! It also does not work on my wireless account at all because I'm not on Verizon.

Go blow your TWC PROPAGANDA BS SMOKE UP SOMEONE ELSE's SKIRT, I'm not buying it.

Just Say No; to the Tea Party Taliban and corporate greed!

hobgoblin
Sortof Agoblin
Premium Member
join:2001-11-25
Orchard Park, NY

hobgoblin

Premium Member

"Your wrong it is in fact TWC blocking CBS video stream servers!"

Its well documented that it is CBS Blocking TW IP addresses, its even on the front page of this site reported by Karl.

"Dish and DirecTV customers are being impacted by the fight as well, given CBS has blocked Time Warner Cable customers from accessing CBS content online, and both satellite companies bundle Time Warner Cable broadband service in some markets."

»CBS Fight Also Impacting Bright House, Dish Users [28] comments

Its also been well documented that live TV only worked initially behind a TW connection. Some Limited channels were made available recently.

Hob
whistlinduck
join:2004-09-28

whistlinduck to PamelaTS

to PamelaTS
said by PamelaTS:

Go blow your TWC PROPAGANDA BS SMOKE UP SOMEONE ELSE's SKIRT, I'm not buying it.

Perhaps a simple internet search would yield information proving that it is, indeed, CBS that is denying access to TWC subscribers for full show streaming video content.

One such example (link):

A spokesperson from CBS confirmed the reports with the following statement:

If Time Warner Cable is a customer’s internet service provider, then their access to CBS full episode content via online and mobile platforms has been suspended as a result of Time Warner Cable’s decision to drop CBS and Showtime from their market. As soon as CBS is restored on Time Warner Cable systems in affected markets, that content will be accessible again.

DallasAg
join:2009-12-11
Rowlett, TX

DallasAg to PamelaTS

to PamelaTS
It is CBS that is blocking their online video streaming to TWC customers, not TWC. But the wording on the CBS splash screen you get would lead you to believe TWC is doing it. CBS is the real villain in this story. But hey, there is always OTA or torrent/usenet downloads!

PamelaTS
Digital Chick
Dallas, TX
Asus RT-AC66
HTC 5G Hub

PamelaTS to hobgoblin

to hobgoblin
Thank you for clarifying I was correct. Though the intial error message wasn't that I didn't have TW internet it was a "No Cable Box found on Account" because a cable card/tuning adapter didn't count. Yes, it did start working only after I completed my Clear contract and switched to TWC. I repeatedly inquired if TWC would pay the Clear ETF I'd switch to TWC Internet, never happened. Good customer service I think not, I was eager to get off Clear! TWC just wasn't eager to add a service for a cable card user.

About the Cable Card nightmare. It took seven months, a new home run, four tuning adapters, two cable cards to get just one working stable for more than a month. Once when a neighbor actually spliced into my new home run stealing signal, the tech that rolled didn't even look I had to find the break (splice-in). After three months semi stable service; no more tuning adapter issues I took the plunge and added the second cable card/tuning adapter. Two bad tuning adapters in the same day; the DOA, the first replacement also DOA and the third worked.

I'm glad to put an end to what has been a 20 month TV nightmare! I gave TWC a chance and I'm toast, baked, stick a fork in me I'm done; it's fin.
PamelaTS

PamelaTS to trade

to trade
said by trade:

Right now I am paying around $124 at month on cable, telephone and internet bundle.

My Tivo Elite is not OTA, so I cannot get CBS on it. Could you tell how much will be DirecTV to take in consideration to switch.

I need buy its TIVO and pay a fee for each room, maybe don't compensate the effort

Well the HD DirecTiVo doesn't do whole home. I'm getting a new Genie DVR (5 tuners) and a Genie Mini for $21.60 total for both and 225 channels plus HD Extras Universal MGM, Smithsonian, HDNet Movies included $56 p/m with whole home streaming. Plus HBO, Showtime, STARZ and CineMax for 3 mos and NFL Extra for a year FREE.

I previously had DirecTV HR21 and an HR23 they were great, I was one of their whole home beta testers. I don't know if you can get that they acknowledged that I was previously a 14 year customer. Their version of a TiVo Stream is $149 and DirecTV doesn't copy protect everything the way TWC claims they are required to (A LIE!)

Stacy
FotoDogue
Premium Member
join:2001-11-02
New York, NY

Stacy to PamelaTS

Premium Member

to PamelaTS
I'm not having any problems viewing Big Bang Theory on my iPad - even without the CBS app.
»www.cbs.com/shows/big_ba ··· y/video/

PamelaTS
Digital Chick
Dallas, TX
Asus RT-AC66
HTC 5G Hub

PamelaTS

Irregardless of who is blocking streaming, all the but it's free is BS. The last straw for me was blocking what I PAY extra for "Smithsonian". I know it's to high brow for all you football head bashing is all you care abouts. I was paying extra already for this! This is what is actually my last straw and if you would have taken a moment to read my original post I did in fact mention Smithsonian Channel

Anonymous_
Anonymous
Premium Member
join:2004-06-21

Anonymous_ to PamelaTS

Premium Member

to PamelaTS
said by PamelaTS:

Blocking CBS Video streaming servers is a violation of Net Neutrality.

Blocking the broadcast CBS ok that's why I use TiVo's with OTA capability. Blocking Flix and Smithsonian especially the latter when I was paying extra for that channel already that's out of line! So customers whose TV is provided via another service like Satellite are being punished for your childish TIFF with CBS.

Well I'm divorcing TWC as my TV provider and if I must I'll get a low cost VPN to go around your blockade for streaming content. Better to pay them than you.

I'll be delivering the cable cards and tuning adapters tomorrow!

DirecTV was glad to have an old 14 year customer back, with the new low profile bracket for the slimline dish some of my neighbors now have I'll be glad to be back with DirecTV, oh yes 3D TV again for NO EXTRA COST! Free NFL Extra for a YEAR and a boatload of channels that TWC doesn't carry like HDNET and HDNET-Movies.

Not crying over losing TWC TV! I mean really the TWC TV app only worked when I had TWC as my ISP also, really!

try youtube.com plenty of stolen CBS content

also if you do leave it will be great for every one else on your node since MORE bandwidth will be available to others
virtualspin
join:2004-12-13
Utica, NY

1 edit

virtualspin to PamelaTS

to PamelaTS
:
Happydude32
Premium Member

Happydude32 to PamelaTS

Premium Member

to PamelaTS
said by PamelaTS:

DirecTV has not 1 or 2, but 7 - 3D channels! Except for Billiards I could care less about ESPN.

As to the TWC TV video streaming it didn't work at all on other networks until I had TWC as my ISP also! Amazingly as soon as I finished my contract with Clear and activated TWC as my ISP TWC TV began working, before that NONE of the channels works and the error message was clear it was indeed because I did not have a TWC Internet account! It also does not work on my wireless account at all because I'm not on Verizon.

Just Say No; to the Tea Party Taliban and corporate greed!

Wow that is all 100% incorrect.

I would like you to name those seven 3D channels DirecTV carries, because they only carried four, the 3D PPV Channel, N3D, ESPN 3D and 3Net. N3D went away a year ago, ESPN 3D ends this year. That leaves the PPV channel and 3Net. So two, not seven.

And you are repeating the same exact thing I said about the streaming. Other than about a dozen channels, you have to be on the wifi using your Time Warner internet access. That is well documented and TW is at the mercy of the programming providers for that.
46436203 (banned)
join:2013-01-03

46436203 (banned)

Great, so we've got a crazy conservative and a crazy liberal at each other's throat in the same thread.

...And this is why I no longer identify as a liberal. I am officially independent now.

And as the independent party to this argument... I can say that despite Steve's ridiculous signature, he is correct in this particular discussion.

PamelaTS
Digital Chick
Dallas, TX
Asus RT-AC66
HTC 5G Hub

PamelaTS to Anonymous_

to Anonymous_
said by Anonymous_:

try youtube.com plenty of stolen CBS content

also if you do leave it will be great for every one else on your node since MORE bandwidth will be available to others

I never said I was dumping TWC ISP just TV!
PamelaTS

PamelaTS to 46436203

to 46436203
said by 46436203:

Great, so we've got a crazy conservative and a crazy liberal at each other's throat in the same thread.

...And this is why I no longer identify as a liberal. I am officially independent now.

And as the independent party to this argument... I can say that despite Steve's ridiculous signature, he is correct in this particular discussion.

Excuse me you jumped on my thread as did the hateful one

motorola870
join:2008-12-07
Arlington, TX

motorola870 to rjbasye

to rjbasye

proxy works thanks
Happydude32
Premium Member

Happydude32 to PamelaTS

Premium Member

to PamelaTS
I assume I'm the 'hateful one'

I wouldn't say 'jumped on' when I just pointed out that you're 100% incorrect in all of your points and I was just pointing that out. Now again, could you please name those seven 3D channels on DirecTV, along with their corresponding channel numbers, I'd like to find out what they're all about.

motorola870
join:2008-12-07
Arlington, TX

motorola870

said by Happydude32:

I wouldn't say 'jumped on' when I just pointed out that you're 100% incorrect in all of your points and I was just pointing that out. Now again, could you please name those seven 3D channels on DirecTV, along with their corresponding channel numbers, I'd like to find out what they're all about.

well ESPN3D is dead it is shutting down on 9/24/13 or close to it as TWC put in the legal notices today.

OSUGoose
join:2007-12-27
Columbus, OH

OSUGoose to Stacy

to Stacy
Are you on your TWC Internet WiFi? or on your Cellular WWAN

PamelaTS
Digital Chick
Dallas, TX
Asus RT-AC66
HTC 5G Hub

PamelaTS to Happydude32

to Happydude32
said by Happydude32:

Was I responding to you? The person I responded to complained that people were fighting.

As I already stated I could care less about ESPN anything, except Billiards which is rarely on. I was already paying extra for Smithsonian which makes a mockery of TWC's offer to CBS ala carte carriage offer; as I was already paying extra for this channel when they blocked it.

The entire thing is about corporations servicing stockholders as their customer and treating consumers are nobodies that they only siphon money off of. If TWC wasn't making money off of CBS then consumers wouldn't be complaining. Since some consumers are then TWC is profiting and CBS is entitled to a share of that. The argument that CBS broadcast it for free therefore anything charged to TWC is wrong is flawed, entitled to share in the profit if TWC is charging for access.
PamelaTS

PamelaTS to OSUGoose

to OSUGoose
said by OSUGoose:

Are you on your TWC Internet WiFi? or on your Cellular WWAN

TWC is my ISP since April when I completed my agreement with Clear. My only other option for ISP is AT&T and having been a DSL, land line and mobile phone subscriber I'll never go back to AT&T for anything.

I own (not lease) my Motorola SB6141 and use my own wireless router. There are NO PUBLIC TWC WiFi hot spots in North Texas

OSUGoose
join:2007-12-27
Columbus, OH

OSUGoose

I wasn't replying to you

PamelaTS
Digital Chick
Dallas, TX

PamelaTS

said by OSUGoose:

I wasn't replying to you

My bad
Happydude32
Premium Member

Happydude32 to PamelaTS

Premium Member

to PamelaTS
I'm not really sure what that has to do with anything, but for the third time, could you please list those 7 3D channels on DirecTV. Thanks.

PamelaTS
Digital Chick
Dallas, TX
Asus RT-AC66
HTC 5G Hub

PamelaTS

said by Happydude32:

I'm not really sure what that has to do with anything, but for the third time, could you please list those 7 3D channels on DirecTV. Thanks.

Do your own research