Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

tito
Premium
join:2006-07-03
Chapel Hill, NC

[CT] Goodbye.

Adieu, Arrivederci, Hasta la Vista, Connecticut toodeloo! Looks like the beginning of September is when I will be biding a fond farewell to the state of Connecticut! Got a much better job opportunity down South where I am going, and I'll be getting away from Winter!!!!!! Another huge plus!!!!!!

Harddrive, any idea when you're bailing?

meskinct
Mad Scientist at Work
Premium
join:2002-01-07
Southbury, CT
Glad to hear it worked out for you. You've been wanting this and it finally happening! Congrats.

Sorry to see another revenue stream leave the state.
--
Rich. My Website

Grumpy
Premium
join:2001-07-28
NW CT
reply to tito
Where to?

Diogenes
Qui Me Amat, Amet Et Canem Meum
Premium
join:2000-08-16
Southbury, CT
reply to tito
Congrats!!! Best wishes in your new job

pandora
Premium
join:2001-06-01
Outland
kudos:2
reply to tito
Take care, you will be missed. So many have left our state.
--
Congress could mess up a one piece jigsaw puzzle.

Harddrive
Proud American and Infidel since 1968.
Premium
join:2000-09-20
DFW
reply to tito
Congrats to you.
I have no idea about my situation. Just waiting on HR from two places. It could happen any day. My current employer will be at a significant loss when I leave due to a hiring freeze for a suspected lengthy amount of time.

tito
Premium
Chapel Hill, NC
reply to Grumpy
said by Grumpy:

Where to?

Chapel Hill, NC

tito
Premium
Chapel Hill, NC
reply to Harddrive
Hope it happens soon for you! I know you love this 'wonderful' state about as much as I do! Yeah, I have a feeling things will get very interesting at my current place of employment when I leave. My boss has no clue as how to do what I do, and my co-worker is a total airhead. Oh, well, not my problem!

tito
Premium
Chapel Hill, NC
reply to Diogenes
said by Diogenes:

Congrats!!! Best wishes in your new job

Thanks!

Grumpy
Premium
NW CT
reply to tito
said by tito:

said by Grumpy:

Where to?

Chapel Hill, NC

Awesome. be sure to visit the Western NC Smoky mountains. One of my favorite places. Sunrise and sunset from Clingman's Dome tower, Nantahala Gorge, the dozen or so waterfalls - gorgeous place.

tito
Premium
Chapel Hill, NC

1 recommendation

reply to tito
Went over to the southeast forum & introduced myself. Seems like a nice group over there.

tito
Premium
Chapel Hill, NC

2 recommendations

reply to tito
Couple weeks early, but I could not wait to update my location.

SwedishRider
Rider on the Storm
Premium
join:2006-01-11
not Sweden
kudos:1
reply to tito
I went to an eastern Connecticut tractor dealership earlier and found out it is closing after 29 years in business. Owner said high taxes and a stubbornly weak local economy have made it impossible to stay open. He's closing his doors for good next month.

tito
Premium
Chapel Hill, NC

2 recommendations

reply to tito
Hopefully one day soon the powers that be that run the state of CT will get their heads out of the sand long enough to realize something needs to be done, and DO IT, but I'm not banking on it.

Last one out, please don't forget to turn out the lights.

miataman

join:2010-10-27
Chelmsford, MA
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS
said by tito:

Last one out, please don't forget to turn out the lights.

Reminds me of the ol' Bob Wills texas swing standard, "If You Leave Amarillo, Turn Out The Lights"
--
"My hat, my cane, Jeeves".

rabidcat77

join:2006-10-16
Simpsonville, SC
reply to tito
I grew up in CT, lived most of my life there, but also moved down to the Carolinas three years ago. It's definitely a culture shock, but people are friendly and there's plenty to do. The lack of snow and low cost of living are also great!

Welcome to the South!

Grumpy
Premium
NW CT

1 edit

1 recommendation

reply to tito
I spend a lot of miles on that popular north south route - I 81. I keep seeing vehicles full of worldly goods under tarps headed south with CT plates on the vehicles. Mass exodus? Probably not - more like a steady trickle. If we keep it up, we get to have our very own have / have not society in the state, and then I will go into the lawn mowing business and charge $475 per hour.
"Why so much?"
"I have to live here."
"oh - right."

Wasn't the Grand Canyon formed by a steady trickle?
Never mind.

Hey - I know! lets woo industry to move here. They can create a work force of upper middle class to run the machines?
No?
Darn...

Harddrive
Premium
DFW

2 recommendations

Dominokat
"Hi"
Premium
join:2002-08-06
Boothbay, ME
reply to tito
Hello, hello!
I don't know why you say goodbye, I say Hello....

Harddrive
Premium
DFW
tito said goodbye because he got tired of shoveling that white crap that's going to show up again in a couple of months.

Dominokat
"Hi"
Premium
join:2002-08-06
Boothbay, ME
reply to tito
I hate it too but I am staying!

capecoddah

join:2005-03-18
Yarmouth Port, MA
reply to tito
Good luck.
I've been there. A few times.
The South is all sorts of fucked up.

Harddrive
Premium
DFW

1 recommendation

Being that I lived in the DFW area for 24 years, it isn't. It's different than living up here but not "all sort of fucked up". For the past 21 years, I have lived up here. Enjoyed most of the time but knew that it just wasn't for me. I will admit that working in and around Fenway during the summer of 2003 was one of the best times of the 21 years up here.
But Texas is calling me back. Family, friends, etc...
--
"The level of sacrifice that you give is beyond my comprehension. If the rest of us in the Country showed the level sacrifice that you do on a daily basis, we wouldn't have any of the problems we have." - Comedian Lewis Black speaking to the US troops.

tito
Premium
Chapel Hill, NC
reply to Harddrive
said by Harddrive:

tito said goodbye because he got tired of shoveling that white crap that's going to show up again in a couple of months.

One of the reasons, but not the only one. Job of course is the main reason. It became very obvious that I was going nowhere fast, and it was time to do something about it.

Don't get me wrong, the lack of snow will definitely be a plus.

tito
Premium
Chapel Hill, NC

1 recommendation

reply to tito
I meant to say, I will definitely be keeping tabs on the weather blog at wtnh.com. I think it is too funny the way the pro-cold powers that be at channel 8 are always so quick to end the warm weather.

capecoddah

join:2005-03-18
Yarmouth Port, MA
reply to tito
3 years in Ft. Lauderdale on a boat.
4 years in Atlanta. (lived next to the Chattahoochee River when that goddamnsong was popular)(The South will rise again! Yikes)
A few trips up and down the Intracoastal.
Arrested for Driving While Northern. "Yankee boy?" "No, Red Sox" Clink

Granted, Cape Cod has it's own twisted in-bread dysfunction, but the South beats us in WTF.

Texas? Lovely coast. DFW, Austin and Waco for business. High School Football says it all.

tito
Premium
Chapel Hill, NC
reply to tito
2 weeks from today, but who's counting?

tito
Premium
Chapel Hill, NC

1 recommendation

reply to tito