Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

Maccawolf
Premium
join:2001-02-20
Hillsdale, NJ

STAY away from Ptel

I've had nothing but problems since I ported this service on July 23rd, and now I've lost the phone # that I've had for 45+ years.
I didn't port my service out, but somehow, their records say I have,
TRYING to fix it now, not having much luck.

They may be cheap. (which is why I went with them in the first place), but it's not worth the hassles....
--
Mom and Crockett... I miss you both!

BlitzenZeus
Burnt Out Cynic
Premium
join:2000-01-13
kudos:3

Sounds like a fat fingered customer service person, or somebody misquoted your number, however there should have been a verification process to move the number to an account of the same name.

It sounds like they won't even help you in the process. Is the number active on another service? I'm not sure how all the porting rules work, but if the last provider is holding the number without using it they should be able to give it back.
--
I distrust those people who know so well what god wants them to do because I notice it always coincides with their own desires- Susan B. Anthony
Yesterday we obeyed kings, and bent our necks before emperors. But today we kneel only to the truth- Kahlil G.

Maccawolf
Premium
Hillsdale, NJ

Don't know who it SUPPOSEDLY ported to. They're working on that. The REAL problems are the facts, that it is NOW after hours. (I started this today at 11:31 AM), and that I have no other contact # so I have to wait until they email.
--
Mom and Crockett... I miss you both!

lilhurricane
Crunchin' For Cures
Premium,Mod
join:2003-01-11
Purple Zone
kudos:57

Just adding linkage

»www.ptel.com/plans

SCADAGeo

join:2012-11-08
N California
kudos:2

1 recommendation

reply to Maccawolf

said by Maccawolf:

Don't know who it SUPPOSEDLY ported to. They're working on that. The REAL problems are the facts, that it is NOW after hours. (I started this today at 11:31 AM), and that I have no other contact # so I have to wait until they email.

If you're still experiencing issues with PTel, please read the reply by PX Eliezer See Profile in this topic regarding another person having issues with another carrier.

There is a link to the FCC, and another link which may help with discovering which CLEC currently has your number.

Maccawolf
Premium
Hillsdale, NJ

Got it fixed finally, THANKS!