Search similar:

uniqs

greenman
join:2002-06-18
Athens, GA

2 edits

greenman

I just bought the mJ+ 2014.

I also created a video of the web process that may take some of the pain out of ordering for others. You can also still take advantage of the $30/6-month-free offer even if it's past the 48-hour limit the email you received.

Cost breakdown for my order of one single magicJack plus 2014:
$29.95 - device and included cables
$8.95 - shipping and handling.
$3.03 - adminstrative charges and regulatory fees -- whatever those are...
$41.93 - Total

(No, I don't work for magicJack.)

Way Cool: The package arrived this afternoon. Ordered on 2nd, shipped on the 3rd, received on the 5th of August.

The device is definitely larger, but when you put a regular-sized SD card next to it, it doesn't seem that big. Here's a video of the unboxing and a set of up-close images for details.

I still have to register.
Expand your moderator at work

StillLearn
Premium Member
join:2002-03-21
Streamwood, IL

StillLearn to greenman

Premium Member

to greenman

Re: I just bought the mJ+ 2014.

It looks different? Impressive. :-^

Blackmot
@shawcable.net

Blackmot

Anon

Can you please tell us about what is different about it from the previous version? Does it have wifi capability? Does it have better volume capability? I have an older version that can plug directly into cat5e connectors, but the volume is so low that it is difficult to hear sometimes.

I await your reply; thanks for giving us your review of the new device.

greenman
join:2002-06-18
Athens, GA

greenman

It sounds about the same, but the volume is a little lower. Frankly, I can't tell the difference. It has two standard USB ports on it and and SDIO port labeled "WIFI". Uh huh. If you want to use it with WIFI, you'll have to buy your own SDIO wifi card. (Another $30 - 50.) YMax has made no disclosures as to what the USB ports are for, but it makes sense the at least one of these would be for USB DECT 6.0 phone.

If you don't need one, I'd wait.
greenman

greenman to StillLearn

to StillLearn
Lucky me, eh? ^_^

Blackmot
@shawcable.net

Blackmot to greenman

Anon

to greenman
Thanks very much for the enhanced info.