Premium Member
join:2001-11-25
Orchard Park, NY

hobgoblin to PamelaTS

Premium Member

to PamelaTS

Re: [Internet] Blocking CBS Streaming Servers violates Net Neutr

"Your wrong it is in fact TWC blocking CBS video stream servers!"

Its well documented that it is CBS Blocking TW IP addresses, its even on the front page of this site reported by Karl.

"Dish and DirecTV customers are being impacted by the fight as well, given CBS has blocked Time Warner Cable customers from accessing CBS content online, and both satellite companies bundle Time Warner Cable broadband service in some markets."

»CBS Fight Also Impacting Bright House, Dish Users [28] comments

Its also been well documented that live TV only worked initially behind a TW connection. Some Limited channels were made available recently.

Hob

PamelaTS
Digital Chick
join:2004-04-20
Dallas, TX
Asus RT-AC66
HTC 5G Hub

PamelaTS

Thank you for clarifying I was correct. Though the intial error message wasn't that I didn't have TW internet it was a "No Cable Box found on Account" because a cable card/tuning adapter didn't count. Yes, it did start working only after I completed my Clear contract and switched to TWC. I repeatedly inquired if TWC would pay the Clear ETF I'd switch to TWC Internet, never happened. Good customer service I think not, I was eager to get off Clear! TWC just wasn't eager to add a service for a cable card user.

About the Cable Card nightmare. It took seven months, a new home run, four tuning adapters, two cable cards to get just one working stable for more than a month. Once when a neighbor actually spliced into my new home run stealing signal, the tech that rolled didn't even look I had to find the break (splice-in). After three months semi stable service; no more tuning adapter issues I took the plunge and added the second cable card/tuning adapter. Two bad tuning adapters in the same day; the DOA, the first replacement also DOA and the third worked.

I'm glad to put an end to what has been a 20 month TV nightmare! I gave TWC a chance and I'm toast, baked, stick a fork in me I'm done; it's fin.