how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

StR

join:2009-11-10
College Station, TX

[Digital TV] No more "digital music" channels

We've had SL's service, (Internet+Phone+TV bundle), for almost 5 years. During this time, there were a bunch of music channels available (even though we are not using the set top box, - only our Samsung TV with the HDTV QAM tuner).
Recently, probably in the last month, SL did again a change in the QAM lineup ( see my earlier post about this »[Digital TV] Why does SL frequently change channel frequencies? ). OTA HDTV channels changed minimally (we lost "Azteca" from the lineup: »New HD channels lineup in BCS, TX ). But those "digital music" channels are no longer available (became scrambled, I guess).

I am not sure if originally those channels were included, or they were incidental "freebies", but it is still rather unpleasant that these channels are scrambled now, especially since I am actually paying more than what is available with the new service SL200 TV service (which includes the set top box).
I guess, it's time to switch to that bundle with SL200, and get that box...
Argh.. it means calling customer support, picking up the box from the office, etc... - waste of time.

moldypickle

join:2009-01-04
Haughton, LA
kudos:2

As far as I know, you need the box to get above ch 70 (roughly). I'll check mine again today, but last time I was looking around in the guide, I still had the music channels.

StR

College Station, TX

Previously, my TV's QAM tuner was mapping them either to 101-xxx or 103-xxx channels with different sub-channel numbers.

IIRC, about 70 channels is the limit for the analog (NTSC) TV tuner.

Which channels SL sends in the clear (unscrambled) - is a separate issue, discussed in my original posting.

moldypickle

join:2009-01-04
Haughton, LA
kudos:2

After looking, my music channels here have been in the 900 range.

StR

College Station, TX

Re: [Digital TV] No more "digital music" channels

said by moldypickle:

After looking, my music channels here have been in the 900 range.

I am sure those channels had been in that same range ever before looking.