share rss forum feed

isp10002

join:2012-10-24
Reviews:
·Frontier Communi..
·Dish Network
·Verizon Wireless..

Droid 4

HI everyone i have a droid 4, and i was wondering is moto planning to upgrade the droid 4,razr,razr maxx to 4.2? have you heard anything about it? Also i was wondering have you heard anything from motorola about a droid 5? I really like the slider droid series hope they dont stop making them

brian
Premium
join:2002-05-02
Lake Forest, CA
Motorola publishes their upgrade plans here: »motorola-global-portal.custhelp.···_id/1949

nothing beyond 4.1 is currently mentioned, that I can see.

RE: a Droid 5... when I bought my 4 last year, it sounded like this might be the last in the "Droid" series, and the last moto with the slide out keyboard.
--
flickr gallery | photo blog (rarely updated) | play mafia!

Fickey
Terrorists target your backbone

join:2004-05-31
reply to isp10002
If you really want the latest & greatest, you could root & install one of the many custom ROMs available. Reverting back to stock should be simple as well if needed.
»forum.xda-developers.com/forumdi···p?f=1505
--
Government controlled healthcare? Name one thing government does efficiently and effectively!

Alcohol
Premium
join:2003-05-26
Climax, MI
kudos:4
reply to isp10002
the days of the physical keyboards are over. time to move on.

My friend finally got rid of the droid 4 and got a gs4. After installing swiftkey for him, hes adjusted.
--
I found the key to success but somebody changed the lock.

brian
Premium
join:2002-05-02
Lake Forest, CA
said by Alcohol:

the days of the physical keyboards are over. time to move on.

My friend finally got rid of the droid 4 and got a gs4. After installing swiftkey for him, hes adjusted.

Yep... When I bought my D4, I remember hearing that it was likely the last in the Motorola Droid series with the physical keyboard. For 90% of what I do, I'm using the built-in Swype keyboard. That other 10% is typing in ssh sessions. I'll have to figure out what to do about that, but in general I'll be ok with out it.

My wife, on the other hand, using the physical keyboard for most of her typing on the phone. I'm not sure what she'll do when the time comes to replace her D4.
--
flickr gallery | photo blog (rarely updated) | play mafia!

Alcohol
Premium
join:2003-05-26
Climax, MI
kudos:4
reply to isp10002