4 more weeks
MVM
join:2000-08-06
Metuchen, NJ

5 recommendations

howieh

MVM

[B-Day] I wanna retire ...

from posting the B-Day greetings. I have been doing them since April, 2001 and I feel that now may be the time to let someone else in on the fun.

dandelion
MVM
join:2003-04-29
Germantown, TN

2 recommendations

dandelion

MVM

Thank you for a job VERY well done!

Gizmo
Trust Me I'm a Professional
MVM
join:2000-08-19
In Your Mind
ARRIS NVG589

7 recommendations

Gizmo to howieh

MVM

to howieh
said by howieh:

from posting the B-Day greetings. I have been doing them since April, 2001 and I feel that now may be the time to let someone else in on the fun.

howieh
4 more weeks
MVM
Metuchen, NJ

2 recommendations

howieh

MVM

I don't need a gold watch or a lifetime pass to the cafeteria, all I need is a volunteer to take it over. I'll even supply my formatting if that is what the volunteer would like to start out using.

suprleg
Abracadabra
Premium Member
join:2004-05-06
Garden Grove, CA

2 recommendations

suprleg

Premium Member

Team Helix is like the Hotel California,"you can check-out, but you can never leave.."

howieh
4 more weeks
MVM
Metuchen, NJ

1 recommendation

howieh

MVM

I ain't goin nowhere. When I sit at the puter in the morning and think "I hope there ain't no birthdays today". I figure It's time to give it up.

Sunny
Runs from Clowns

join:2001-08-19

1 recommendation

Sunny

I agree with you, Howie. That would certainly be a sign.

Thank you for all those years you faithfully remembered our birthdays. It has been much appreciated, but it shouldn't be something anyone is required to do.

If someone wants to take it on, they will. If not, that's ok. We seem to know how to fill the topic slots and keep things interesting around here.

mr sean
Professional Infidel

join:2001-04-03
N. Absentia

2 recommendations

mr sean to howieh

to howieh
said by howieh:

I ain't goin nowhere. When I sit at the puter in the morning and think "I hope there ain't no birthdays today". I figure It's time to give it up.

So it's become your own version of Groundhog Day?
Just remember Bill Murray actually had a happy ending.

2001? Time flies dude.Thanks for all of your many years volunteering.

signmeuptoo94
Bless you Howie
Premium Member
join:2001-11-22
NanoParticle

1 recommendation

signmeuptoo94 to howieh

Premium Member

to howieh
Howie, thanks for your perserverance and kindness posting them. Sometimes we feel blue and think "nobody loves me" and other silly stuff, and when we get the happy birthday wishes we feel better, but you've don't way beyond your share. Bless you!

mig
MVM
join:2000-10-26
Anytown, USA

1 recommendation

mig to howieh

MVM

to howieh
You certainly have done a very fine job!

Sunny
Runs from Clowns

Sunny to howieh

to howieh
I can't see exactly when you started with the Helix birthday greetings, Howie. Looks like it must have been from pretty much when Helix started here, right? And at some point you also took over name days, too, until we decided that was a bit much a couple of years ago, maybe?

Will we get more groundchuck updates now?

squirt
cacatne alces in silvis?
MVM
join:2004-04-27
Out Grazing

1 edit

1 recommendation

squirt to howieh

MVM

to howieh
Thanks, Howie, for all of your years of birthday greetings!

If potential volunteers are daunted by the responsibility of taking on so many birthday greetings, maybe a team of monthly rotating birthday greeters could be recruited? (OK, Giz, now I'm waiting for a picture of whirling dervish birthday volunteers ... ... )

Icarus
CHAOS RULES
Mod
join:2000-11-08
Off Center

1 recommendation

Icarus

Mod

said by squirt:

If potential volunteers are daunted by the responsibility of taking on so many birthday greetings, maybe a team of monthly rotating birthday greeters could be recruited?

Or perhaps we could do one Birthday thread a week and get everyone at once?

mattmag

join:2000-04-09
NW Illinois

1 recommendation

mattmag

said by Icarus:

Or perhaps we could do one Birthday thread a week and get everyone at once?

I would say that is an excellent suggestion Ick.

Santa Fe
BUT.....I Digress!

join:2000-08-22
Freight Yard

9 recommendations

Santa Fe to howieh

to howieh
Okay, if it's ok with everyone, I'll do the birthday posts. It's academic anyway since I already did today's.

I just want to echo everyone Else's thoughts & thank howieh See Profile for his dedication to Birthday wishing! I hope that I can do as well as he. Besides, it's about time he got a birthday post of his own!

rfhar
The World Sport, Played In Every Country
Premium Member
join:2001-03-26
Buicktown,Mi

rfhar to howieh

Premium Member

to howieh
Many thanks to both of you!

howieh
4 more weeks
MVM
Metuchen, NJ

2 recommendations

howieh to Santa Fe

MVM

to Santa Fe
said by Santa Fe:

Okay, if it's ok with everyone, I'll do the birthday posts. It's academic anyway since I already did today's.

Sounds good to me. THANK YOU!!!

jaynick
lit up
Premium Member
join:2001-02-06
Sterling Heights, MI

2 recommendations

jaynick

Premium Member

That way Santa Fe See Profile can have some pun! er fun..

signmeuptoo94
Bless you Howie
Premium Member
join:2001-11-22
NanoParticle

signmeuptoo94 to Santa Fe

Premium Member

to Santa Fe
Thanks for taking it over, Santa Fe, how fine of you to do it. The last few months that I did stats I messed up because it wasn't daily or on a set schedule, and at the time I didn't have a portable computer so whenever I was away I couldn't easily do it. Bless you, SF!

howieh
4 more weeks
MVM
Metuchen, NJ

1 recommendation

howieh to Sunny

MVM

to Sunny
said by Sunny:

I can't see exactly when you started with the Helix birthday greetings, Howie. Looks like it must have been from pretty much when Helix started here, right? And at some point you also took over name days, too, until we decided that was a bit much a couple of years ago, maybe?

Will we get more groundchuck updates now?

This is the 1st B-Day post that I could locate: »It's Neon Slide's Birthday

Here is the 1st N-Day: »Happy Name Day Fyndhorn-Kroog

I went back through some IM's and it looks like we discontinued name days in the 1st week of January, 2012.

Groundchuck update: The 5 groundchucks from my yard, mama, papa and 3 chucklets, all went awol about 3 weeks ago. As of yesterday, it looks like papa has returned (I'm not going to try to catch him and roll him over to verify ).

Santa Fe
BUT.....I Digress!

join:2000-08-22
Freight Yard

1 recommendation

Santa Fe to howieh

to howieh
Hehehehe.... I just came up with a great plan! Coming on next Jan 1'st, I'll post The whole Years Birthdays in ONE post! It'll be big!.......It'll never happen!

Sunny
Runs from Clowns

1 recommendation

Sunny to howieh

to howieh
So, since 2001-Apr-24 for the birthdays and 2001-Aug for name days. What a trooper you are!

I owe you an apology. I promised to send an IM HBD with a link to each post, then watch to see if the individual even responds in the topic. If not, I was going to eliminate them from the list. No offense intended toward those who didn't reply. It's just that people move on with interweb interests and I wanted to decrease your workload. I know it had to be dreary after so much time.

Then I started visiting the hospital and working on rehab, so I let you down, didn't keep my promise. I am so sorry, Howie. Please accept my apology.

howieh
4 more weeks
MVM
Metuchen, NJ

2 recommendations

howieh

MVM

There is absolutely no need to apologize. Just the fact that you trimmed the list as much as you did made me a happy poster.

Icarus
CHAOS RULES
Mod
join:2000-11-08
Off Center

2 recommendations

Icarus to howieh

Mod

to howieh
Bored yet Groundchuck? Im sure we could find something else for you to do around here?

Seriously though....Thank You Sir for all you have done for TH over the years! Your dedication is inspirational!
Icarus

4 recommendations

Icarus to howieh

Mod

to howieh

OOOPS! Almost forgot your pension!

Gizmo
MVM
In Your Mind
ARRIS NVG589

2 recommendations

Gizmo to squirt

MVM

to squirt

whirling dervish...
said by squirt:

(OK, Giz, now I'm waiting for a picture of whirling dervish birthday volunteers ... ... )

Wait no more......................................

howieh
4 more weeks
MVM
Metuchen, NJ

2 recommendations

howieh to Icarus

MVM

to Icarus
said by Icarus:

Thanks Ick, sure beats digging for em.

Gizmo
MVM
In Your Mind
ARRIS NVG589

4 recommendations

Gizmo to Icarus

MVM

to Icarus
said by Icarus:

You also forgot we're planning groundchucks retirement party.............................

howieh
4 more weeks
MVM
Metuchen, NJ

2 recommendations

howieh

MVM

Eh, I think I'll pass on the ride through the Chuck grinder.

jaynick
lit up
Premium Member
join:2001-02-06
Sterling Heights, MI

3 recommendations

jaynick to howieh

Premium Member

to howieh
May you and mrs. groundchuck enjoy your retirement.