spacer

how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

sprat

join:2013-08-05

[TV] Bell in Condo

I live in a new condo downtown which was exclusive to Rogers.

The building is now registered as a condo corp and I'm assuming can do whatever they please.

What would Bell have to do to get into the building now? And is there some way I can reach out to Bell to give them the hint to get in here?

sbrook
Premium,Mod
join:2001-12-14
Ottawa
kudos:13

You would need to get enough incentive by getting enough people to petition them along with the support of the condo corp.

sprat

support from condo corp sounds right, but petitioning Bell?

they fight over these properties...why wouldn't they want in now?

sbrook
Premium,Mod
Ottawa

Because it's simple to install during the build ... it's a pain in the right royal butt to retrofit.

sprat

maybe I'm missing something here...but retro fit what exactly?

I have a phone line in my apartment which is all fibe needs. Don't they just need to put equipment in the building somewhere?

There's fibe everywhere else in the neighborhood in the older condos.

sbrook
Premium,Mod
Ottawa

It's not always that simple. The cabling may belong to Rogers. It may or may not be suited to internet.

VHS

join:2008-11-17
kudos:1
reply to sprat

Not sure which condo you live in. In my condo (concord cityplace), the phone lines are owned by Telus. No Bell services allowed in my condo.

sprat

I'm in Liberty Village.

Pretty sure we have Bell lines in our place already, but our building had a contract with Rogers to offer services to all new residents (it's a new build) for the first 6 months.

Now that the condo corp is registered, the builder no longer has control and the board makes the decisions.

I seriously can't stand Rogers.