Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

Watrat

join:2003-02-20
Watertown, MA

1 edit

[CATV] Fox Sports 1? Watertown, MA

Good evening. I was wondering if there is any thought to offering Fox Sports 1 in HD after it launches next week? Also assuming it will just replace Fuel TV in lineups?

Chimatt

@rcn.com

Re: [CATV] Fox Sports 1?

I had the same question myself. Looks like it will be added on separate tier. At least in Lehigh, not sure about everywhere else. This was on the rcn Facebook page.

great news! Fox Networks recently announced they are replacing the Speed Channel with a new channel, FOX Sports 1, on August 17, 2013. RCN will be making this change. FOX sports 1 will launch in the same channel location now occupied by the Speed Channel in the Premiere Sports and Premiere Total Packages. FOX Sports 1 Lehigh Valley, PA – Channel 473.

motorola870

join:2008-12-07
Arlington, TX
kudos:3
reply to Watrat

said by Watrat:

Good evening. I was wondering if there is any thought to offering Fox Sports 1 in HD after it launches next week? Also assuming it will just replace Fuel TV in lineups?

fuel is to become Fox Sports 2 not Fox Sports 1.

lilhurricane
Crunchin' For Cures
Premium,Mod
join:2003-01-11
Purple Zone
kudos:57
reply to Watrat

Re: [CATV] Fox Sports 1? Watertown, MA

Hiya, T - just add that here, too

»[CATV] All Markets - Channel & HD Wishlist for 2013

machpost

join:2002-01-11
Washington, DC
reply to Watrat

Speed becomes Fox Sports 1, and RCN has confirmed that they will carry both FS1 and 2. No word on HD for Fox Sports 2 yet, though.

Watrat

Watertown, MA

Are there plans for Fox Sports 1 in HD? Is Speed already in HD?

machpost

Washington, DC

Yes, Speed is already in HD, so I'll assume Fox Sports 1 will also be in HD.

Watrat

Watertown, MA

Wow..didn't realize that since I never watched that channel. Hope the tivo adjustment to the new channels allows me to set up recordings ahead of time for a channel that "doesn't exist yet".

goldbeab

join:2008-05-31
Brighton, MA
reply to Watrat

Even though it replaced Speed TV, which was on a Premiere tier, I was surprised to find that Fox Sports 1 is on a Premiere tier as well. That's a little disappointing. I assumed the new channel would be a freebie part of the Signature service. That's a bummer. I certainly didn't think I'd have to pay for something akin to ESPN. This doesn't make me happy with RCN.

machpost

Washington, DC
reply to Watrat

Fox Sports 2 replaced Fuel TV, but it still says Fuel TV in the guide on my TiVos.