uniqs
Sentinel
Premium Member
join:2001-02-07
Florida

Sentinel

Premium Member

[FL] New DVR cost?

I just got my bill from Cox announcing their new upgraded DVR. I'm thinking of getting it but I can't figure out how much more it is going to cost above my current old DVR. Attached images are what my bill currently is and the section of the bill stating the new charges.

So it looks like it would cost $5 a month more? Am I getting that right? It that what others are paying?
Rakeesh
join:2011-10-30
Phoenix, AZ

Rakeesh

$33.50 a month just for a DVR? Good night.

I made my own for $0 a month.
signcarver
join:2005-03-20
Phoenix, AZ

signcarver to Sentinel

to Sentinel
It is an additional $5 for the dvr service fee for the 6 tuner dvr... if you currently have WHDVR, I am not certain if it is another $5/month as I thought the plus package (trio) fee used to be $5/month and now it is $10 so I believe it is also an additional $5 from what you used to pay making it $10 more per month (I'm not certain if the plus package fee is going up for all current WHDVR installs or just for contour). But if you just have a regular DVR and not WHDVR, the fees also increase by another $10 making it a $15 per month increase.

I use WMC and a cablecard tuner (4 streams, though I could get a newer one that does 6) and only pay $2 for service "fees" to rent the cablecard.
ajwees41
Premium Member
join:2002-05-10
Omaha, NE

ajwees41

Premium Member

you forgot the one time change install fee same as first time trio install fee.

dvd536
as Mr. Pink as they come
Premium Member
join:2001-04-27
Phoenix, AZ

dvd536 to Sentinel

Premium Member

to Sentinel
Looks like they stuffed the double dip plus pak fee[$5/mo] into the dvr service fee.
ajwees41
Premium Member
join:2002-05-10
Omaha, NE

ajwees41

Premium Member

nope but it is now $10 for Contour