share rss forum feed

IowaCowboy
Iowa native
Premium
join:2010-10-16
Springfield, MA
kudos:1

[MA] Low number plate lottery

Massachusetts is having their annual low number plate lottery at the RMV. I just entered for the first time in my 10 years of driving.

Hopefully I'll win.

Dominokat
"Hi"
Premium
join:2002-08-06
Boothbay, ME
kudos:2
I've had my license plate number since I first car in 1984. Its my initials.

Frostbite

join:2000-06-13
Marlborough, MA
reply to IowaCowboy
I've had my current license plate since 2009. It's an amateur radio special plate.
--
-Frosty, KA1FOX

Grumpy
Premium
join:2001-07-28
NW CT
reply to IowaCowboy
I saw NY plate "2" the other night.
Wonder who dat was?

IowaCowboy
Iowa native
Premium
join:2010-10-16
Springfield, MA
kudos:1
Reviews:
·Verizon Broadban..
·Comcast
reply to Dominokat
said by Dominokat:

I've had my license plate number since I first car in 1984. Its my initials.

I see a few of the Green on White Massachusetts plates now and then and on cars that are too new to have them. I used to have the animal welfare plates up until my Mercury was totaled by a drunk driver. I went without a car for seven months until I replaced the car. The settlement was not enough to replace the car so I had to put money away to buy a new ride. After forking over about 5 grand for the new Dodge Stratus, I was too cheap to fork over the money for the Animal Welfare plates so I just got the standard issue "Spirit of America" plates. Not to mention having to pay the sales tax at the RMV since I bought the car in Maine and brought it home to Mass.
--
I've experienced ImOn (when they were McLeod USA), Mediacom, Comcast, and Time Warner and I currently have DirecTV. They are much better than broadcast TV.

I have not and will not cut the cord.

toups

join:2001-11-02
Boxborough, MA
said by IowaCowboy:

I see a few of the Green on White Massachusetts plates now and then and on cars that are too new to have them. I used to have the animal welfare plates up until my Mercury was totaled by a drunk driver. I went without a car for seven months until I replaced the car. The settlement was not enough to replace the car so I had to put money away to buy a new ride. After forking over about 5 grand for the new Dodge Stratus, I was too cheap to fork over the money for the Animal Welfare plates so I just got the standard issue "Spirit of America" plates. Not to mention having to pay the sales tax at the RMV since I bought the car in Maine and brought it home to Mass.

Remember when you get a "new" car and trade in the old one, the RMV lets you transfer the plates to the new car from the old one. Hence one can have a Green on White plate on a fairly new car.

However in the last few years, they have been more stringent about the plates being in good reflective shape during the annual inspection. So one might be forced to get new plates even if you don't want to.

Grumpy
Premium
join:2001-07-28
NW CT
reply to IowaCowboy
I had a vanity plate in '95. I let it go because it removes all anonymity. I have no need to lurk anywhere via vehicle, as in -- torrid extra-marital affairs or lucrative tax free criminal acts (unfortunately ) but my sense of privacy won out.