spc
uniqs
WVZR1
join:2008-09-14
Charles Town, WV

WVZR1 to beachintech

to beachintech

Re: CableCard "diagnostics" displayed on TiVo

When I have issues it on both machines at the same times. Are you familiar with the screens that I posted? I have what I believe relatively high Corrected & Uncorrected errors on both machines.

Which of the two screen shots should be correct? One for both machines or are the screens correct on each as they're displayed?

Would a fresh hit maybe do anything for my concerns? What happens if I swap cards machine to machine?

Mike Wolf
join:2009-05-24
Tuckerton, NJ

Mike Wolf

If you swap the cards with each other, they'll still work but copy protected channels such as premiums won't work until you call in and pair them to the new Host ID of the TiVo's.

Question is, are you having any issues with either box? If not then I wouldn't worry about it. I've seen both and generally regarding OOB stuff it depends on how the CableCard is provisioned on Comcast's network before they make them available to customers both either way should in theory work fine.
davehowles
join:2002-05-11
Charles Town, WV

davehowles

Like I mentioned in my post, an unusual amount of errors both corrected and uncorrected with audio drop-outs and tiiling or pixelation - whatever one wants to call it. Comcast has pretty much verified my equipment (cables etc) to be fine. They've done they say distribution work in the area BUT I still have the unusual error counts. This was the only thing that I saw different in any of the CableCard screens. I hate to beat on Comcast and I thought the more I understood about it the more intelligent conversation I could have with them when I call them.

Mike Wolf
join:2009-05-24
Tuckerton, NJ

Mike Wolf

I applaud you for wanting to be more educated and informed about things like this. The only issue I see is the fact that the techs on the phone are clueless about things this complex. This is engineer and field technician type stuff. After Comcast did their distribution work in your area, are you still experiencing the tiling and pixilation and audio dropouts? I would have a tech come out and visit and have him run diagnostics on the lines in person, if you still are.
Expand your moderator at work