airshark
--... ...-- -.. . -. -.... .-.. -.--
Premium Member
join:2003-05-20
Hollister, CA

airshark

Premium Member

Oh

They told me the Sirius/XM merger would be great.

From my perspective:

Prices have gone up.
As I was on the Sirius side, I lost free NHL game broadcasts.

BillRoland
Premium Member
join:2001-01-21
Ocala, FL

BillRoland

Premium Member

As I was on the XM side, I gained all those horrible Sirius DJ's that don't know when to shut up.
kem09030
join:2004-11-29
Rushville, IL

kem09030 to airshark

to airshark
I was on the XM side and the sound quality has taken a big hit ever since the merger. The music channels have also become very narrow and they repeat after six or so hours. With XM I could leave it on one channel for a day and rarely would I hear the same song two times in a day. With the merge it seems like the play the same songs in a different order every few hours before it loops back to the beginning. From my perspective as mainly a music listener things went downhill. I keep hoping that the depth comes back at some point to hear more songs that are not played on the clear channel or terrestrial stations. They have the choice to play way more than the terrestrial stations but they seem to play the exact same songs. One station I really miss is XMX which was a channel for all the studio performances at the XM studios. They had some really great performances that are now buried someplace.
Happydude32
Premium Member
join:2005-07-16

Happydude32 to airshark

Premium Member

to airshark
It wouldn’t have mattered. Prior to the merger, XM outbid Sirius for the rights to the NHL. Sirius would have lost the NHL completely. So if you are a Sirius subscriber, and wanted to remain a Sirius subscriber, you wouldn’t have NHL play x play at all. At least with the merger, you have the option to have the games, even if charged extra.

airshark
--... ...-- -.. . -. -.... .-.. -.--
Premium Member
join:2003-05-20
Hollister, CA

airshark

Premium Member

said by Happydude32:

It wouldn’t have mattered. Prior to the merger, XM outbid Sirius for the rights to the NHL. Sirius would have lost the NHL completely. So if you are a Sirius subscriber, and wanted to remain a Sirius subscriber, you wouldn’t have NHL play x play at all. At least with the merger, you have the option to have the games, even if charged extra.

I did not know that. Thanks.
ke4pym
Premium Member
join:2004-07-24
Charlotte, NC

ke4pym to kem09030

Premium Member

to kem09030
Trust me, XM has been on repeat every 4-6 hours since the day they went online. I've been a customer since 2003 and they were doing it then as they do today.
Chuck_IV
join:2003-11-18
Connecticut

Chuck_IV to BillRoland

to BillRoland
Yep, Don't forget about the reduced playlists too, making for some seriously stale channels now. I miss the Fred, Ethel and Lucy channels.