All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
Search similar:

uniqs

daparja
@bell.ca

daparja

Anon

[DSL] Can I use Cellpipe 7130 as wireless router only?

Hello everyone.

I'm planning on getting 7/1 dsl from Teksavvy and understand that I need an ADSL+2 modem, so I got TP-8816.

Can I use my spare Cellpipe 7130 as a just wireless router and hook it to TP-8816?

toro
join:2006-01-27
Scarborough, ON

toro

Yes, but you will have to use the built-in NAT router in the TP-8816 as your gateway and DHCP server. The 7130 should have DHCP disabled and will be used only as a wireless access point and network switch.

HiVolt
Premium Member
join:2000-12-28
Toronto, ON

HiVolt to daparja

Premium Member

to daparja
Word of warning, the cellpipe has brutal wireless, with pathetic range and performance.

daparja
@iasl.com

daparja

Anon

wow...

Thank you guys. I now know not to use cellpipe for the wireless connection. I will just go and grab some cheap wireless router then. Any recommendation would be greatly appreciated.

As well for TP-8816, I can just use the factory setting to connect to teksavvy 7/1 right? is there anything I need to change within the firmware or the modem?
ftp1020
join:2007-01-30
Canada

ftp1020

said by daparja :

wow...

Thank you guys. I now know not to use cellpipe for the wireless connection. I will just go and grab some cheap wireless router then. Any recommendation would be greatly appreciated.

As well for TP-8816, I can just use the factory setting to connect to teksavvy 7/1 right? is there anything I need to change within the firmware or the modem?

A TP-Link 1043ND router can be had for $50 or less, and I'm happy with its performance although I did have to RMA the first one due to frequent wired & wireless dropouts.

The 8816 comes with a setup wizard on the mini-CD that comes with it, all you should need to change/alter is enter your login credentials as supplied by Teksavvy. With the 8816, you can use it to log in directly, or have the router supply the modem with the logon credentials.