batterup
I Can Not Tell A Lie.
Premium Member
join:2003-02-06
Netcong, NJ

batterup

Premium Member

Hi.

9) Batter Up; not to be confused with Client #9 or the Beatles song.

leibold
MVM
join:2002-07-09
Sunnyvale, CA

leibold

MVM

Nice increase in speed. New computer ?

batterup
I Can Not Tell A Lie.
Premium Member
Netcong, NJ

2 recommendations

batterup

Premium Member

said by leibold:

Nice increase in speed. New computer ?

One 7 years old but just upgraded to SSD/HD, CPU from original Core 2 to the Extreme unlocked edition and added 2 gigs of ram (older parts are common and inexpensive) M$ computers didn't bat an eye when I reinstalled Office. Out of 4 gig I can use 3.2. The Gigabyte mother board takes .72 or so for video even if I put a 6 mg Titan GPU in it.

Still look at the difference from the old "Duo_moon" and the transplant "NoTellPc" (same PC M$), it is the GPU that does the heavy crunching, on both current machines. ."Duo_moon" took four years of constant running to crunch 691,818 units. The same PC with a GPU did 45,613 in four also, days that is.

»setiathome.berkeley.edu/ ··· id=77803

The other, Scary is new, I just wanted a PC that will be useful for at last 9 years, it is a bare bones system with considerable room for upgrading, this is the first time I blew money on left side of the curve Extreme hardware.

As for now, except for "distributed computing", no conventional software can even get it warm running flat out. I gave SETI full, all the time access to all cores, threads and GPUs. I have over-clocked both CPUs but only the 660Ti GPU is over-clocked. The Titan GPU runs at 176 degrees normal clock. That unit throws off some heat; the CPU runs at 139 degrees, one degree below max at the case.

They are getting a day of rest, I didn't want to leave them unattended; Scary might eat NoTellPc
batterup

batterup

Premium Member

I'm giving her all she got captain; I don't think she can take any more.

»setiathome.berkeley.edu/ ··· g_credit
batterup

batterup

Premium Member

I can't take it any more.

With the temps in the nineties after a brief cool spell I had to shut down; enough running the air on high, I'm not Bloomberg with his warehouse size data centers. Besides he gets to write the electric bill off his taxes.

BOINC is a 503c non profit; we should be able to write off the power we use to crunch, especially in the summer. In January when it is zero we will call it a wash.

CylonRed
MVM
join:2000-07-06
Bloom County

CylonRed to batterup

MVM

to batterup

Re: Hi.

Makes me want to upgrade but too many bills after finally getting a job.

batterup
I Can Not Tell A Lie.
Premium Member
Netcong, NJ

batterup

Premium Member

said by CylonRed:

Makes me want to upgrade but too many bills after finally getting a job.

Upgrade is what I do, in fact it was my 2 gig of Rambus, up from 512 with a continuity memory stick, over heating and setting off an alarm that meant it was time to shut down and wait for colder weather. Poor machine can only run XP so no updates after February 2014. What I take umbrage with is because I swapped the original P4 1.5 with a P4 2.0 BOINC won't let me "combine" computers. The mother board is the computer I say.

I don't work as "The Spirit of Service" is no longer respected but I still enjoy watching the blinking lights as each one tells a story.