spacer

how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

ETTO

@distributel.net

Acanac automatically charge 1 year of service after 1 year

My subscription to Acanac cable recently expired. I saw Acanac automatically charge $595.96 for internet and $134.92 for home phone to my credit card. I send an email to the billing department asking for an explanation because Rogers only charge on a month-to-month basis after expiry. The billing department reply to me that it is in the contract. I have reply to them that I didn't sign a contract. I subscribe Acanac over the phone. I don't like Acanac charging me $730 without any consent or notice to my credit card. I hope everyone is aware of this.

markie58

join:2009-04-24
Chateauguay, QC

If you read the TOS (terms of service) or the User Agreement on the sign up page you would have seen that renewals are automatic without notice . Nobody to blame but yourself for not reading beforehand.

darrinmc9

join:2008-12-09
n1rw7w
Reviews:
·Acanac
reply to ETTO

The fact that you found this forum to complain would suggest you may have taken the time to read some posts on this subject. It is an automatic renewal unless you email billing ahead of time to ask them to turn auto renewal off on the account, which they will happily do.
You should also take note they will auto renew based on your signup date, not when the actual service began. Again, you can request billing to update this to your actual start date and they will happily comply.
Expect a 48 hour response for every inquiry you make including technical support, and you won't be dissapointed.

Otherwise enjoy the fast and reliable unlimited un-congested connection.

Darrin.