spc
Search similar:

uniqs
SnakeEyes
join:2005-05-18
Johnston, IA

SnakeEyes

Mediacom and NBCSports EPL channels

So it was announced today that Mediacom would carry NBC Sports overflow channels that will be used to broadcast all Premier League matches live. Does anyone know if this will be available in all areas? Better be available in Des Moines or I'm switching.

MediacomChad
Mediacom Social Media Relations Team
Premium Member
join:2010-01-20
Gulf Breeze, FL

MediacomChad

Premium Member

Unfortunately, I do not have any info on this as of yet. I will post it as I get it.
SnakeEyes
Johnston, IA

SnakeEyes

Any word yet? Season starts on Sat morning.

MediacomChad
Premium Member
Gulf Breeze, FL

MediacomChad

Premium Member

Unfortunately not at this time.

tv
@mchsi.com

tv

Anon

Bump for any news on this? Just scrolled through the guide and don't see anything...

MediacomChad
Premium Member
Gulf Breeze, FL

MediacomChad

Premium Member

Just checked, nothing new at this time.

quadcitian
@sbcglobal.net

quadcitian to SnakeEyes

Anon

to SnakeEyes
FYI, if you've got a tablet or smartphone (maybe even your PC,) you can get the NBC Sports Live Extra app to watch. Mediacom is an approved provider for it, although IIRC, there was a bit of setup required. I had to get a mediacomcc account and log in with it since I only get cable through Mediacom. Obviously, it's on a small to teeny-tiny screen, but that's how I'm planning on watching Tottenham on Saturday while I scan the channels to find wherever it ends up. I used it a little bit for the London Olympics and it was... passable.

tv
@mchsi.com

tv

Anon

Still nothing? The season starts in a little over 12 hours?

And man nothing personal on that NBC app but wow is it garbage. Just locks up every phone and tablet (all very new) that I have. Reviews say it used to work but now I can't even sign into anything. I was hoping that would be a solution too...
SnakeEyes
Johnston, IA

SnakeEyes

I havent hand any problems with streaming on the app but we will see how well it performs on day of the EPL

MediacomChad
Premium Member
Gulf Breeze, FL

MediacomChad to SnakeEyes

Premium Member

to SnakeEyes
Hey everyone

I got some more info about this today. It sounds like some of the press releases were a little premature with what is being offered by Mediacom. The streaming service is available to Mediacom customers. At this time, we do not have a set date for launching the additional overflow channels but it is being evaluated. I apologize for any inconvenience this causes.

tv
@mchsi.com

tv

Anon

This is what I get when I log in to thr NBC sports live extra website from my house (with mediacom internet). I get NBCSN and the sports package.

"We're Sorry

It looks like your TV subscription does not provide access to this service. Please contact your TV provider for more information."

MediacomChad
Premium Member
Gulf Breeze, FL

MediacomChad

Premium Member

said by tv :

This is what I get when I log in to thr NBC sports live extra website from my house (with mediacom internet). I get NBCSN and the sports package.

"We're Sorry

It looks like your TV subscription does not provide access to this service. Please contact your TV provider for more information."

Message me with your phone number or account number and I will be happy to check into this login issue.
Vols44
join:2010-10-23
Springfield, MO

Vols44 to SnakeEyes

to SnakeEyes
Strikes me as odd that NBC Sports would be part of the Sports and Info Digi Pack while Fox Sports 1 launched on the old Speed Channel on the family cable tier.

MediacomChad
Premium Member
Gulf Breeze, FL

MediacomChad

Premium Member

I am not aware of any changes to the lineup at this time, but with the channel changes that have and are going to happen, there could be lineup changes sometime in the future.

NRJS
@centurytel.net

NRJS

Anon

I wanted to bump this thread once again as we are now headed into the third weekend of the BPL, and these overflow channels that are supposed to be here are not yet. What is the deal? It is annoying that several of the other big cable companies are offering this service, but Mediacom isn't. Really wanted to watch Fulham on Saturday...

MediacomChad
Premium Member
Gulf Breeze, FL

MediacomChad

Premium Member

NRJS,

Are the channels listed in your guide but you just cannot access them?

NRJS
@centurytel.net

NRJS

Anon

I don't know if the channels are listed in a guide. I just do a channel search on my tv before and during the 9:00 BPL games for the overflow channels. I just want to know if Mediacom is going to offer these overflow channels.

MediacomChad
Premium Member
Gulf Breeze, FL

MediacomChad

Premium Member

What exact channel names are you looking for? I can check your channel lineup and see if any changes are planned.