uniqs
wingrider01
join:2006-07-25
Saint Louis, MO

wingrider01 to 88615298

to 88615298

Re: Service failed

said by 88615298:

Yep Charter stopped offering contracts over a year ago. I'm not sure why someone would want to lock themselves in for 2 years anyway. Just another reason why I wouldn't go with DirecTv or DishNetwork.

go with directv because the dvr's capabilities are light years ahead of charter, their customer service is vastly superior, just like the channel lineup.

1 - HR34 w/ 5 tuners, 2TB external drive
3 - HR24 w/ 2 tuners each and each have a 2 TB external drive

total of 11 channels that can be recorded separately and can ass 5 more tuners with no changes, if more is needed can upgrade to a 32 tuner infrastructure.

The ability to watch any show recorded on any dvr on any tv in the house or stream shows through the genie-go to watch on a long flight or stream live to a ipad or android device outside of the home Means no one in my 6 person family has to compromise

best thing, save a ton of money on the monthly charges. 2 year contract means nothing
djd221
join:2013-07-26
Wellford, SC

djd221

5 tuners is over kill especially when cable companies have true ondemand and with on the go technology happening, what i really would rather have is a 500GB HDD on each tv that gives me the freedom to pause live tv on each. not sure if thats the case with the genie or the hopper, but im not going to sign a contract to find out.
88615298 (banned)
join:2004-07-28
West Tenness

88615298 (banned) to wingrider01

to wingrider01
said by wingrider01:

said by 88615298:

Yep Charter stopped offering contracts over a year ago. I'm not sure why someone would want to lock themselves in for 2 years anyway. Just another reason why I wouldn't go with DirecTv or DishNetwork.

go with directv because the dvr's capabilities are light years ahead of charter, their customer service is vastly superior, just like the channel lineup.

best thing, save a ton of money on the monthly charges. 2 year contract means nothing

I have no use for a DVR. Record 11 things? I don't I can find 11 things to watch in a month let alone 11 things I want to record all at the same time. 2 year contract with DirecTv means an ETF of $20 per month for every month you have left on your contract. So if for some reason I want or have to get rid of their service 6 months into the contract that's a $360 ETF

vaxvms
ferroequine fan
Premium Member
join:2005-03-01
Polar Park

vaxvms to wingrider01

Premium Member

to wingrider01
said by wingrider01:

said by migt3088:

My contract with charter just ran out Internet only service

go with directv because the dvr's capabilities are light years ahead of charter

?
Double OH 7
join:2009-10-19

Double OH 7 to wingrider01

to wingrider01
said by wingrider01:

said by 88615298:

I am not sure how true this statement is... But, I would suggest people sit and attempt to watch TV via a coax cable connected to a rock, before i would recommend directv..

It appears to be near useless in my state. Got windy or started to drizzle? TV goes out.... Raccoon farts in the woods? TV goes out... Price of tea in China goes up? TV goes out...

Someone not long ago suggested things have changed because they are using more advanced systems; Gave it a try... It's still shit. Even the concept of "satellite anything [civilian]" seems outdated...

Meathax
Looking for better Pings
join:2010-10-24
Cherry Valley, MA

Meathax

If your signal goes out at the drop of a hat, then your dish is not adjusted properly. I've had Directv for 12 years now and the ONLY time you lose signal is during a SEVERE downpour like in a thunderstorm. Most people don't chance watching TV in a thunderstorm anyway.

JimMcCoy
join:2011-08-20
Midlothian, VA

JimMcCoy

Er, if its a thunderstorm, why would I not be watching TV, lol; I mean what I am going to do, go play in the rain?

dsl14350
join:2005-06-16
Holland, MI

dsl14350 to Meathax

to Meathax
said by Meathax:

If your signal goes out at the drop of a hat, then your dish is not adjusted properly. I've had Directv for 12 years now and the ONLY time you lose signal is during a SEVERE downpour like in a thunderstorm. Most people don't chance watching TV in a thunderstorm anyway.

If its a big storm, I want to watch weather info right now!
tiger862
join:2013-08-15

tiger862 to wingrider01

to wingrider01
That is what I want. Contract, Pay for there equipment failures, No service in rain, Change contract as they seem fit, and most of all 4th down and 2 and game on the line here comes wind and or rain, crap I missed ending now I have to try to catch replay on NFL Network or ESPN. Now that is what TV is meant to be. NO THANKYOU

Oh all those DVRs and reports of missing last couple of minutes or starting late and Dish states not there problem it is the Network or rain and DVR doesn't work not to mention 11 a month for each DVR.
wingrider01
join:2006-07-25
Saint Louis, MO

wingrider01

said by tiger862:

That is what I want. Contract, Pay for there equipment failures, No service in rain, Change contract as they seem fit, and most of all 4th down and 2 and game on the line here comes wind and or rain, crap I missed ending now I have to try to catch replay on NFL Network or ESPN. Now that is what TV is meant to be. NO THANKYOU

Oh all those DVRs and reports of missing last couple of minutes or starting late and Dish states not there problem it is the Network or rain and DVR doesn't work not to mention 11 a month for each DVR.

Been with Dtv since they were Primestar back in 1996, with a properly aligned dish the loss of signal due to rain fade is pretty much non-existent. Can count on one hand the number of times that there was signal fade in the last 6 years - and those times water was over the curb from the rain the sewers became overcharged and ended up with 6 to 12 inches of water in the basement.

/rofl you must not keep up on the dvr's, those problems where fixed years ago, DirecTV;'s price is 6.00 and they credit back the first DVR. Never had to :"pay" for their equipment failure, they replace the failed units free of charge.

Sorry can't comment on dish - never have had their services.
wingrider01

wingrider01 to Double OH 7

to Double OH 7
said by Double OH 7:

said by wingrider01:

said by 88615298:

I am not sure how true this statement is... But, I would suggest people sit and attempt to watch TV via a coax cable connected to a rock, before i would recommend directv..

It appears to be near useless in my state. Got windy or started to drizzle? TV goes out.... Raccoon farts in the woods? TV goes out... Price of tea in China goes up? TV goes out...

Someone not long ago suggested things have changed because they are using more advanced systems; Gave it a try... It's still shit. Even the concept of "satellite anything [civilian]" seems outdated...

Again if the dish is properly aligned and mounted with a clear LOS, your installer must have been the worst on the planet.
wingrider01

wingrider01 to 88615298

to 88615298
said by 88615298:

said by wingrider01:

said by 88615298:

I have no use for a DVR. Record 11 things? I don't I can find 11 things to watch in a month let alone 11 things I want to record all at the same time. 2 year contract with DirecTv means an ETF of $20 per month for every month you have left on your contract. So if for some reason I want or have to get rid of their service 6 months into the contract that's a $360 ETF

record or view 11 things, guess you don't have a large family, it is very easy to tie up all 11 turners in the evenings / weekends when they family is at home. The etf does not bother me, I have been with DIRECTV (prime star at he the time) since 1996, service and customer relations is superb, unlike the run around I get from charter and their internet service. does Charter still offer those start of art Moxi brand DVR's?
wingrider01

wingrider01 to dsl14350

to dsl14350
said by dsl14350:

said by Meathax:

If its a big storm, I want to watch weather info right now!

If it is a big storm, I shutdown all the expensive electronic equipment and use the app on the cell phone to follow it, especially is the WEA alert comes over the cell phone. Before you ask the house is properly grounded and has a whole home backup generator that runs with natural gas.