uniqs
share rss forum feed

Ave8

join:2004-01-02
Milton, ON

3 recommendations

[Internet] Bell intentionally sabotaging Teksavvy Customers

Hi,

Since Bell has refused to discuss the matter with me and refused to return any calls, here is what transpired. Perhaps posting info publicly will yield some accountability (doubtful). I am a Teksavvy customer, which means I unfortunately rely on Bell for work and line upgrades.

July 23 2013
- Bell was to increase my DSL profile to 25/10 in the Milton area. Technician came by to examine my POTS splitter, but the speed never increased.

July 24 2013
- Teksavvy confirms Bell has closed the case and failed to update speed profile. Bell attempts to have Teksavvy extort money from me with the below before having it investigated:
• "Please be advised, if there are no problems found to be on Bell’s network there will be a possible service charge of $87.70+tx for the diagnostic testing. This includes but is not restricted to any remote testing which is performed and does not necessarily include a tech visit to the premises."
• Please note that we cannot send a ticket to Bell without agreement to this.
• Do you agree to the potential Diagnostic Maintenance Charge? YES/NO
- Teksavvy waives the Diagnostic Maintenance Charge and submits another profile change request - I am told Bell's service standard is 48 hours.
- Teksavvy confirms the Telcon rep advised Bell that everything is "good to go" and the profile needs to be updated.

July 25 2013
- Bell finally contacts Teksavvy to advise as to the original upgrade not happening, and to decline the resubmitted ticket. They inform Teksavvy that the 25/10 profile is not available at my home. Teksavvy indicates a return mailing label will be sent and a credit issued since the service cannot be offered.
- I contact Bell online (and save logs) attempting to sign up for 25/10 which is indeed "120%" offered. I proceed to initiate a fake order over the phone to confirm the same, then ask to be transferred for an explanation, as this nearly cost Teksavvy a customer, and would have, had I not known Bell is a crooked company who would pull a stunt like this.
- Gary, an alleged manager in Tech Support, id xb205 at 310-SURF, opens interaction ID 134835478 to document the inquiry as to why it is being offered by Bell, but Bell is disallowing Teksavvy to offer it to customers. I was promised an explanation/call back in 24 hours.
- Teksavvy is provided with the information on my attempted signup and go back to Bell, who advise it will now allow a speed increase, and attribute the error to "USOC" tier errors.

July 26 2013
- I now have 25/10 as a Teksavvy customer after having to jump through hoops to get Bell to do what they should have done with Teksavvy in the first place.
- no call back from Bell (of course)

August 1 2013
- I call to follow up with Bell again as to why this problem occurred and why they did not extend the courtesy of a call back.
- Colleen in Loyalty escalated it to Latisha in Internet & Home Self Care who sent a note off to Gary and his manager on my interaction ID 134835478.
- I am promised a call back one way or another by August 6 2013. I'll give you one guess about whether that happened.
- CCTS complaint formally filed against Bell - CCTS # 00000000354257_COMPLAINT

August 9 2013
- called again and spoke to Mae, id ey19001 who forwards me to Caroline in New Installations. Caroline then sends me to Internet Billing where I speak to "Katia" who is apparently a manager too, who then tries to send me to Sales. I would like to note Katia had never heard of Teksavvy or the arrangement/Bells involvement in the services Teksavvy provides.
- Katia advises that Sales won't take the call unless I want to become a Bell customer. Katia says Bell is unwilling to discuss the matter with me as they only need to respond to Teksavvy. She further confirms nobody had the decency to call me back since it isn't a Bell issue.
- Katia advises that I cannot talk to anyone, and Teksavvy must talk to their internal contact at "Interior Connections" if there are service issues - as a third party they have no obligations to me, and will not help or justify anything.

So, in conclusion, there is lots of time wasted, and Bell doesn't care. Bell is not being held accountable for sabotaging customers of Teksavvy and other providers by the misinformation they provide. I can't imagine how many people don't know any better and cancel with other providers who "dont offer" the speed they want, and come to Bell as a result. I just wanted what should have been a simple speed upgrade, and instead I wasted lots of time, got jerked around, had my service cancelled and return mailer sent, and had to resort to a fake signup to get the service Teksavvy should have been allowed to offer right away.

Bell doesn't care about you unless you are lining their pockets with money. Apparently if you aren't a customer you aren't even worth a phone call. Here's my story, hoping it helps you decide if this is the sort of company you want to support. If you're into wireless, check out this article about Bell whining in the news about competition! More reasons not to support them.

»benklass.wordpress.com/2013/08/0 ··· -letter/

I'm curious if Bell will even attempt to justify this BS, and blowing off people just because we aren't paying.

taraf

join:2011-05-07
Stittsville, ON
If you're a teksavvy customer, perhaps you should be posting in the teksavvy forums. Bell has absolutely no obligation to provide you with any support at all, and the agreement they have with Teksavvy, as outlined by the CRTC, says that any direct customer-facing support needs to be done by Teksavvy.

If you believe you can get the 25/10 but TekSavvy isn't able to order it, there is an escalation channel for them to pursue to place the order. But it still has to go through them.

Ave8

Milton, ON
If you had read my post before jumping the gun you wouldn't have your foot in your mouth right now.

Give it another shot.

HeadSpinning
MNSi Internet

join:2005-05-29
Windsor, ON
kudos:6
reply to Ave8
You're experincing a combination of:

1) Apathy - they don't care
2) Disorganization - they're like a bunch of Keystone Cops running around
3) Malevolence - they don't like selling wholesale, so they appear to go out of their way to punish people

To what degree any one of those played a part in your experience is unknown, but rest assured there's likely a bit of each involved.
--
MNSi Internet - »www.mnsi.net

taraf

join:2011-05-07
Stittsville, ON
reply to Ave8
said by Ave8:

If you had read my post before jumping the gun you wouldn't have your foot in your mouth right now.

Give it another shot.

You mean about the part where you started calling in and wasting the time of their customer service? Or the part about where their customer service people that you had called told you, directly, that as a TekSavvy customer you needed to call them?

There is a proper escalation process that you didn't follow. That escalation process is not for you to start wasting the time of Bell employees by phoning in, it is for you to have TekSavvy lodge a ticket with their wholesale upstream support.

Ave8

Milton, ON
Because evidently the internal processes are working well. I'm just putting it out there so people know what type of company bell is. They have the third party isps over a barrel and it's the customer that suffers.

donkey

join:2008-04-08
Montreal, QC
Reviews:
·TekSavvy DSL
·Acanac

1 edit
Quite sadly the only way most people avoid this runaround is to subscribe to bell for a month then jump ship. Glad to see you didn't cave and got what you originally wanted in the first place.

Cheers to you sir!
--
WestLink Cable is a SCAM

(edit: one too many o's in to above)

Thane_Bitter
Inquire within
Premium
join:2005-01-20
Reviews:
·Bell Sympatico
reply to Ave8
said by Ave8:

Hi,
I'm curious if Bell will even attempt to justify this BS, and blowing off people just because we aren't paying.

Relax, they would do the same if you were a direct customer, they simply just don't give a damn, they only want your money.

Humour me if you have the time, if you use the tool on Bell's website that tells you what sort of service (i.e. Internet speed package) at your address. Use the addresses of nearby homes to do the same and document the results. If the tool reports that you can get a package with Bell that is similar or faster than what TS has I would snoop around further. Call up Bell, pretend you are interested in their XXX package; find out what they do if your line/area can't handle it. If they claim it does, and you want to waste more time sign up for it, see if they actually give you the speeds.

If it turns out they can, it means that they deliberately are displacing 3rd party groups in favour of servicing their own customers first. Using all the documentation you have made fire off a complaint to the CCTS. Send a letter to the CRTC explaining in a nutshell how Bell Canada is cockblocking other ISPs (obviously don't use that word) and ask them to explain how a competitive market allows the incumbent to interfere with a competitor by reserving a certain exclusivity to services.

Remember the CCTS loves details, document the frag out of everything, get names, CRS IDs, call times, duration, even record the conversations if you have the equipment.

Ave8

Milton, ON
That is actually exactly what I did and why I'm angry at bell. I faked signing up on the phone and their site and chat. Took screen captures and sent it to teksavvy who were then finally able to get bell to upgrade me.

Thane_Bitter
Inquire within
Premium
join:2005-01-20
Then carry on and file a complaint with the CCTS and write to the CRTC demanding action be made. Raise as much polite hell as you can. You can also write to the minister of Natural Heritage, as the CRTC reports to that office.

rogersmogers

@start.ca
reply to Ave8
CCTS is not going to help you with this.

Between you and Bell
You lost nothing
nothing was changed
you have no business with Bell.

Glen1
These Are The Good Ol' Days.
Premium,MVM
join:2002-05-24
GTA Canada
kudos:8
Reviews:
·Bell Fibe
reply to Ave8
People make mistakes...in this case Teksavvy, who is the customer of Bell had the authority to investigate your claims (you being Teksavvy's customer). You didn't have the right to go to Bell and try to investigate the situation yourself. In fact Teksavvy could have gone after Bell for responding to you in any way shape or form..that is why they didn't call you back because that would have been a "response" and could be viewed as "predatory" trade practices.
--
My Canada includes Quebec.
Disclaimer: If I express an opinion, it is my own opinion, not that of Bell or its related companies.

sbrook
Premium,Mod
join:2001-12-14
Ottawa
kudos:13
Reviews:
·TekSavvy Cable
·WIND Mobile
OK, I buy a gizmo made by Gizmorific, from GizmosAREus. GizmosAREus the retailer bought them for sale from Gizmowholesalersinc.

The gizmo doesn't work GizmosAREus don't seem to be doing anything.

So, what do you do? You go to the wholesaler. They won't help, you go to the maker.

Predatory trade practices would occur only if Bell said "You wouldn't have this problem if you were our customer".

Bell won't call the TPIA customer back because they aren't PAID to speak to TPIA customers, pure and simple.

This is not a CCTS issue, it's a CRTC issue and in this instance the CRTC is responsible to the Minister of Industry, not the Heritage Minister (CRTC is responsible to the Heritage Minister for issues like concentration of media and CanCon in the broadcasting parts of their mandate).

mlerner
Premium
join:2000-11-25
Nepean, ON
kudos:5
reply to Ave8
I think a little of it is to do with contracts, unfortunately your contract is ultimately with TekSavvy and the other part being the CRTC doesn't regulate wholesale service quality. So until someone at Bell gets paid or the CRTC's scope changes, no one will act responsible.

btech805

join:2013-08-01
Canada
kudos:12
reply to Ave8
Your complaint should have been with teksavvy and not with bell, you are ultimately their customer and jot bell's, but teksavvy is a customer of bell's. When we are sent on wholesale repairs, all we are told to do is make sure the line outside is up to spec. If it is, then we send the ticket back to teksavvy. Ultimately it was teksavvy's fault they didn't just raise your speed after the first technician reported everything to be okay, and teksavvy's problem they didn't escalate your complaints. You shouldn't have had to go to bell if teksavvy did their job.

Put it this way, if you sold fruit but were federally mandated you had to sell the exact same fruit to another company for less money, who in turn steal customers from you, and one of the wholesellers customers complained to you that they couldn't get oranges but your customers could, what would you do. Honestly.

KeithO

join:2007-07-15
Mississauga, ON
said by btech805:

Your complaint should have been with teksavvy and not with bell, you are ultimately their customer and jot bell's, but teksavvy is a customer of bell's. When we are sent on wholesale repairs, all we are told to do is make sure the line outside is up to spec. If it is, then we send the ticket back to teksavvy. Ultimately it was teksavvy's fault they didn't just raise your speed after the first technician reported everything to be okay, and teksavvy's problem they didn't escalate your complaints. You shouldn't have had to go to bell if teksavvy did their job.

Put it this way, if you sold fruit but were federally mandated you had to sell the exact same fruit to another company for less money, who in turn steal customers from you, and one of the wholesellers customers complained to you that they couldn't get oranges but your customers could, what would you do. Honestly.

Bell is certainly not devoid of fault in this matter, but ultimately the burden lies with Teksavvy to escalate matters to reach a satisfactory resolution.

Your analogy is severely flawed.

btech805

Canada
We are unable to raise wholesale speeds without the company's authorization, if techs went and said the line was fine then teksavvy shouldve been able to raise the speeds. I find on wholesale repairs it is rarely an issue on our end (but we aren't completely devoid of fault) but rather a lack of communication with in the third party provider or faulty equipment. We're government regulated to service these companies but they're quick to send us when the fault isn't on our end, I had a repair today with a similar scenario and spent an hour on the phone with the other company trying to convince them they sent the customer the wrong modem for vdsl

llort

join:2006-10-30
Scarborough, ON
reply to Ave8
This sort of thing must be expected when you deal with a middleman. It's just the nature of the beast.

LazMan
Premium
join:2003-03-26
canada
reply to Ave8
said by Ave8:

Bell doesn't care about you unless you are lining their pockets with money. Apparently if you aren't a customer you aren't even worth a phone call.

You aren't - because you're not a Bell customer; they don't know you, they don't know your account, your info, nothing... They provide a service to Teksavvy, that just happens to end up at your house.

Such is the nature of the beast.

HeadSpinning
MNSi Internet

join:2005-05-29
Windsor, ON
kudos:6
reply to btech805
said by btech805:

I had a repair today with a similar scenario and spent an hour on the phone with the other company trying to convince them they sent the customer the wrong modem for vdsl

Well if you're working for Bell Canada, then that's not likely the case - Bell supplies the modems for VDSL.
--
MNSi Internet - »www.mnsi.net

btech805

Canada
Not with acn