Search similar:

uniqs
b10010011
Whats a Posting tag?
join:2004-09-07
united state

b10010011

I would be satisfied with more bundling options

If they would bundle all the sports, entertainment, and news separately I could live with that. After all it's the sports like ESPN that cost the most. In 30 years of cable TV I can not remember ever watching ESPN or any of the dedicated sports channels.

I do like the options of all the entertainment channels. Sure I tent to watch maybe a dozen regularly. But when nothing is on me 'regular channels" it is nice to be able to channel surf and find something to watch on some channel you never watch.
DanteX
join:2010-09-09

1 recommendation

DanteX

Re: I would be satisfied with more bundling options

said by b10010011:

If they would bundle all the sports, entertainment, and news separately I could live with that. After all it's the sports like ESPN that cost the most. In 30 years of cable TV I can not remember ever watching ESPN or any of the dedicated sports channels.

I do like the options of all the entertainment channels. Sure I tent to watch maybe a dozen regularly. But when nothing is on me 'regular channels" it is nice to be able to channel surf and find something to watch on some channel you never watch.

How can you say " Channel Surf" when these days most channels show the same content or same shows. there just is no variety in these so called theme packs.
b10010011
Whats a Posting tag?
united state

b10010011

Like today I watched Little Miss Sunshine on WE.

I would never have WE if I was paying A-La-carte.
88615298 (banned)
join:2004-07-28
West Tenness

88615298 (banned)

But if ESPN was put on the sports tier then you wouldn't get channels like WE
b10010011
Whats a Posting tag?
united state

b10010011

said by 88615298:

But if ESPN was put on the sports tier then you wouldn't get channels like WE

Yes I understand that, and THAT is what is wrong with the current bundling model. It's not so much the cable companies but the content providers forcing the bundling.

As for your other post, I do not watch televised sports except for the occasional play-off and maybe the Super Bowl if the Seasquawks make it that far. But then they are on national broadcast networks not ESPN or "sports channels".
88615298 (banned)
West Tenness

88615298 (banned)

said by b10010011:

Yes I understand that, and THAT is what is wrong with the current bundling model. It's not so much the cable companies but the content providers forcing the bundling.

You don't get it. If everything was al a carte many channels like We would simply go away.

As for your other post, I do not watch televised sports except for the occasional play-off and maybe the Super Bowl if the Seasquawks make it that far. But then they are on national broadcast networks not ESPN or "sports channels".

That's YOU. You can't take your own personal situation and apply that to everyone.
b10010011
Whats a Posting tag?
united state

1 edit

b10010011

Okay so I missed your point. I would rather have the ability to stumble across something worth watching on a network I never watch than having nothing to watch on the few channels that would be left if everything was a la carte.

It's people like me that don't care about sports or watch ESPN that are the ones getting screwed the most. Because we are basically subsidizing the sports watchers channels as right now, all subscribers to cable and satellite pay $6 a month for ESPN whether they watch it or not.

If ESPN was unbundled the cost of subscribing to the network would jump to $30 a month, and their number of subscribers would plunge ESPN would lose ad revenue, and go from being Disney's cash cow to financial liability.

The entire financial ecosystem of sports would be shattered. The NFL, MLB, and NBA all depend on future billions from ESPN. The big money NCAA football and basketball culture would be dealt a death blow, which might be a very good thing, but consumers refusal to buy ESPN could lower player salaries, and change the economics of sports.
88615298 (banned)
West Tenness

88615298 (banned) to b10010011

to b10010011
said by b10010011:

People say that but ratings prove otherwise. Somebody is watching MNF, college football. The national championship in college football is on ESPN. NFL draft gets huge ratings. One is either watching that on ESPN or NFL Network.