join:2001-03-25
United State
kudos:4

Other ISPs will follow.

bluedyedvd

join:2007-04-15
Overland Park, KS

Re: Other ISPs will follow.

not where the isp have too compete. Wireless technology will get where we will have many isps like we had in dialup days i hope it won't take 10 years

antdude
A Ninja Ant
Premium,VIP
United State

We already have wireless. They have caps, etc. WISPS wouldn't work well here do the mountains, giant hills, etc.
bluedyedvd

join:2007-04-15
Overland Park, KS

that is mainly because of the technology wireless has a truly legit need for caps.with wired it's just a cash grab. Maybe in the future there will be wireless isps that have something like a router that sends out a signal across a metro area and doesn't need the cell network

antdude
A Ninja Ant
Premium,VIP
United State
Reviews:
·Time Warner Cable

said by bluedyedvd:

that is mainly because of the technology wireless has a truly legit need for caps.with wired it's just a cash grab. Maybe in the future there will be wireless isps that have something like a router that sends out a signal across a metro area and doesn't need the cell network

It will be a very long wait.
--
Ant @ AQFL.net and AntFarm.ma.cx. Please do not IM/e-mail me for technical support. Use this forum or better, »community.norton.com ! Disclaimer: The views expressed in this posting are mine, and do not necessarily reflect the views of my employer.
sonicmerlin

join:2009-05-24
Cleveland, OH
kudos:1
said by bluedyedvd:

At least in rural areas white space WISPs will be able to provide speedy service.

Premium
join:2004-07-28
West Tenness
Which ISPs are already NOT doing this?

antdude
A Ninja Ant
Premium,VIP
United State

said by 88615298:

Which ISPs are already NOT doing this?

EarthLink, FIOS, etc.

Premium
join:2004-07-28
West Tenness

Earthlink is not a real ISP. They are a reseller. That's like calling Straight Talk a real cell phone carrier when they are actually a MVNO.

Yes FiOS whom oh 85% of America can't even get and who else?