Search similar:

uniqs

Hard Harry7
join:2010-10-19
Narragansett, RI

Hard Harry7 to Annoyed

to Annoyed

Re: [AZ] Why is YouTube so slow?

I think its really funny that when you call Cox up they say "Oh I have no idea what your talking about". Which either mean Cox is very bad at communications among it's employees or they have sent out notification for Tier 1 not to talk about it. Atleast with other issues involving 3rd party Cox works with them, and puts out some kind of notification after a month or two. Its one of the main reasons I dropped Cox for FIOS in my area. Such a shame, for everything else they were great, but Youtube is a deal breaker for me.
Rakeesh
join:2011-10-30
Phoenix, AZ

Rakeesh

said by Hard Harry7:

I think its really funny that when you call Cox up they say "Oh I have no idea what your talking about". Which either mean Cox is very bad at communications among it's employees or they have sent out notification for Tier 1 not to talk about it.

Oh you don't know the half of it, trust me. Back when I was trying to talk to somebody about the CCI issue, when I brought it up to a rep she had no idea what I was talking about. So I said I'd show her a website detailing it, to which she replies that she has no internet access at her station.

Later on in the conversation while pretending that she knows something, she reads a quote from the tivocommunity.com forum, which I happened to be familiar with because I had a browser tab open to that exact page.

Really? Reps have no internet access but here she's reading a post from a web forum? I confronted her about it and she used some goofy weasel words, but I didn't want to be rude so I just left it alone.
jayaz
join:2013-10-30
US

jayaz to Hard Harry7

to Hard Harry7
I wish FIOS was an option here like it was where I used to live. FIOS was pretty great. I think the only options here are Cox or... whatever Qwest is called these days.

basit
join:2003-11-25
Portsmouth, VA

basit

I switched from Cox to FIOS last year and you tube is now worse than when I had Cox.

Hard Harry7
join:2010-10-19
Narragansett, RI

Hard Harry7 to Rakeesh

to Rakeesh
@Rakeesh Oh I know more then the half of it. Usually if they don't have computer access its because your talking to a outsourced group. I usually straight up ask where the Representative is from and if they say OK or NY I politely disconnect the call. And don't even get me started on the group they call SGS.

But I don't think this is ignorance. Even someone that doesn't even know what Youtube is must recognize trends with inbound calls. So either they been told to lie, or none of us are calling them. Perhaps we should change that? Im sure 200 calls in the queue will get some attention aye?

@Basit It certainly differs from location to location and I understand it isn't strictly a ISP issue, but I think Verizon is atleast taking steps to remedy the problem. For right now I am using Youtube feather and not sure if its that or FIOS, but my Youtube is faster then ever in RI.