1 edit

Biz_Contract to medbuyer

Anon

to medbuyer

Re: [Caps] Comcast New 300GB Monthly Limit And Overage Charges

said by medbuyer:

said by Biz_Contract :

said by medbuyer:

in the end, I cut DirecTV and AT&T and went with Comcast Starter Biz for $70 / month. phone runs on google voice via obi100.

said by medbuyer:

we're all down to basics that satisifies our needs without any contracts at all...

Comcast now allows month to month for business class accounts?

I know that several years ago that was allowed if you were willing to pay a hefty upfront installation fee, but I thought that they had discontinued that option. I know that I had to sign a contract. I signed for three years, but the minimum contract was for one year, and it automatically renews for another year at the end of the current contract period (I have to give 60 days written notice prior to the automatic renewal date to terminate the service).

did I say month to month? I said $70 / month as that is what I paying for now...two different things...

I had to sign a 2 year contract as well, which is now expired. If they auto renew for a year, fine with me. Either way, month to month or yearly, I will continue the service.

I had a troubleshoot call made at 8am on a sunday...tech showed up right after lunch as advised. Keep me happy, I'll keep giving them my business.

What that contract costs you each month is irrelevant, and your previous "without any contracts at all" statement does indeed imply month to month. The auto renewing business class contract and having no contract are indeed two different things.

I am also pleased with the business class service that I have, but I don't fool myself into believing that I do not have a contract.
medbuyer
join:2003-11-20
Memphis, TN

1 edit

medbuyer

said by Biz_Contract :

What that contract costs you each month is irrelevant, and your previous "without any contracts at all" statement does indeed imply month to month.

rephrasing...

when I said without contract, I mean from AT&T both home phone and cell and even with DirecTV or Comcast for TV...

and even if I include Comcast biz in that statement, it holds true to my situation anyway since my contract expired already. I may be in a month to month or an annual auto renew but I consider that not comparable to a long term one like 2 or more years.

besides, everything you read here needs to be taken with a grain of salt, you need to verify and or do your homework.

Biz_Contract
@comcast.net

1 edit

Biz_Contract

Anon

said by medbuyer:

said by Biz_Contract :

What that contract costs you each month is irrelevant, and your previous "without any contracts at all" statement does indeed imply month to month.

rephrasing...

when I said without contract, I mean from AT&T both home phone and cell and even with DirecTV or Comcast for TV...

and even if I include Comcast biz in that statement, it holds true to my situation anyway since my contract expired already. I may be in a month to month or an annual auto renew but I consider that not comparable to a long term one like 2 or more years.

besides, everything you read here needs to be taken with a grain of salt, you need to verify and or do your homework.

Actually reading a contract that you sign is advisable; there is no question about Comcast Business Contracts auto renewing (and ignorance of the terms of the contract does not invalidate the contract).

I do agree that some posts need more than one grain of salt to make them palatable, and the whole purpose of my posts in this thread was to verify homework is done and that erroneous information does not cause problems for others.
medbuyer
join:2003-11-20
Memphis, TN

medbuyer

said by Biz_Contract :

Actually reading a contract that you sign is advisable; there is no question about Comcast Business Contracts auto renewing (and ignorance of the terms of the contract does not invalidate the contract).

I do agree that some posts need more than one grain of salt to make them palatable, and the whole purpose of my posts in this thread was to verify homework is done and that erroneous information does not cause problems for others.

I totally agree...

I could not stress enough the importance of making sure you do your homework and read / ask questions when you are presented with a contract.