spc
Search similar:

uniqs
ryohazuki
join:2013-08-10

ryohazuki

[Internet] Brighthouse Internet drops in and out, TAMPA, FL

Hello everyone,

I've been staying with my cousin for awhile in Tampa, FL and have noticed that the internet can drop out a lot. It'll randomly drop connection and have to pick up connection again. Recently, I didn't know, but he had upgraded to a faster plan. He was at the base 10MBps package if I'm not mistaken, before, and is now on the Turbo 30 package I believe since he has a Docsis 3.0 modem now. Now it's one thing to have slower speeds and good reliability, but another to have slower speeds and bad connection, to upgrade to a different plan and then have better reliability. In my opinion if I'm paying for a service, it should be an optimal service that should be able to keep up and not go down. My guess was the change from a Docsis 2.0 modem to a 3.0 modem, or maybe just a better modem in general.

What I'm trying to get at is, I've pretty much convinced him to step back down to the 10MBps plan, because the upgrade isn't necessary and is just extra bandwidth gone to waste. Only thing is, we want the same exact reliability. No worrying of internet going out in the middle of a game or anything. Is there any valid suggestions that can be done to talk to a tech about, or something? I'm sorry if I didn't really get my point across, I just don't think you should pay more for better reliability, only just better speed.
BHNtechXpert
The One & Only
Premium Member
join:2006-02-16
Saint Petersburg, FL

BHNtechXpert

Premium Member

This needs to be here »/fo ··· sedirect and I need your modem MAC so I can take a look.
ryohazuki

ryohazuki

How can I move the thread? And should I PM you my modems mac address or an email address?
BHNtechXpert
The One & Only
Premium Member
Saint Petersburg, FL

BHNtechXpert to ryohazuki

Premium Member

to ryohazuki
No just copy paste and include your modem MAC...direct is secure just you and I
ryohazuki

ryohazuki

I've sent you a message, I was curious if you've received it. Thanks!
BHNtechXpert
The One & Only
Premium Member
Saint Petersburg, FL

BHNtechXpert to ryohazuki

Premium Member

to ryohazuki
Please open a thread here »/fo ··· sedirect not via IM.