spacer

how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

madeitog

@frontiernet.net
reply to Aranarth

Re: [DSL] Frontier How does these stats look?

From NID to modem directly my margin is 13-14 Dbm opposed to my jack it drops to near 7? why?

Hank
Searching for a new Frontier
Premium
join:2002-05-21
Burlington, WV
kudos:2

Sounds like you have an issue with the line from the NID to the jack or if you have a splitter in the jack that may be faulty.

atigerman

join:2002-01-19
Tigerton, WI
reply to madeitog

Phones, Answering machines, Satellite receivers, Do you have a dsl filter on each one?

madeitog

join:2013-08-10
Romney, WV

Just one phone set? I have a blue and white wire cut and wrapped around the rest of them coming from the house? and i got 4 screws inside the NID and only 2 are used? Like earlier today i used a new jack and the margin went to 17? and changed it to the one jack for a little bit and it stayed like that for a good hour then my router disconnected and when it connected back it was back to 7.9-8.1. They said their upgrading in my area due to surplus users and they don't have a start or end date or anything? Would splitter help intill then? Is my NID? Wires in my house? Or just that jack?

madeitog

join:2013-08-10
Romney, WV

Now just tried to go back to the jack that "seemed good" now it went down to 7.7? I'm very confused now....and alot of CRC errors and etc? Straight from the NID no errors showed at all? and yes i have a filter on everything that plugged in(: