spc
Search similar:

uniqs
vishalmalik
join:2011-07-18

vishalmalik

Recommendations for an ISP in Mississauga ON

Hi everyone:

I'm looking for a non-Bell/Rogers ISP in Mississauga ON. The most important characteristic is not price, but the following:

1) Connection reliability
2) Customer service

Based on these criteria, do you have any recommendations for one or more ISPs for Mississauga? Teksavvy, Electronic Box or some other one? (Please also specify DSL or Cable, as some ISPs can be more reliable with one technology than the other)

JC_
Premium Member
join:2010-10-19
Nepean, ON

JC_

Premium Member

I'd recommend Start Communications, I've been with them since July 2012 and the service has been awesome. I have not had any issues with the service since I started and the only downtime that I've experienced is when Rogers is doing work on the network, which would affect any provider.

Forum: »Start.ca
My Review: »Review of Start.ca by JC_
Expand your moderator at work

jasmo34
join:2008-03-20
~ London ~

jasmo34 to vishalmalik

to vishalmalik

Re: Recommendations for an ISP in Mississauga ON

I would second everything JCohen said about Start Communications!

They offer services for both Cable & DSL.

I've never had any technical problems at all with Start's DSL service, after switching to them after 8+ years with TSI. Customer Service, when I've had a question or just wanted some modem/router advice, has been top notch.

Plunk in your postal code, and the charts will adapt to show you the plans and options available in your area. Also, be sure to read through the paragraphs under their plan charts to discover other features and options.

~~~

I've also heard good things about Electronic Box. They offer DSL in Ontario.
momo95
join:2008-02-22

momo95 to vishalmalik

to vishalmalik
Thirdeded (He ^ seconded so I thirdeded) . Start.ca is a reliable TPIA provider.

sbrook
Mod
join:2001-12-14
Ottawa

sbrook to vishalmalik

Mod

to vishalmalik
Connection reliability still comes down to the incumbent ... Bell for DSL and Rogers for Cable ... even though you've purchased the service from a 3rd party
elec999
join:2005-12-19

elec999 to vishalmalik

to vishalmalik
I would highly recommend start.ca start communication.

»Review of Start.ca by elec999
vishalmalik
join:2011-07-18

vishalmalik

Thank you everyone for the replies so far. Lots of recommendations for Start Communications.
elec999
join:2005-12-19

elec999 to vishalmalik

to vishalmalik
Start seems to be good at the moment. I am using them and really good so far.