how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

danger6

@comcast.net
reply to zoso

Re: [Bill] Furious about erroneous modem rental fee

I've also experienced this problem the last few months. I received the audit letter from Comcast that I haven't been paying a rental fee and will be charged $7/month going forward. I've never rented a modem and always owned my own ever since I moved to Comcast territory in 2003. I called them and they claimed they did not see the charge on my account and will make a note in my account that I own the modem.

I then received an email two weeks later confirming a service appointment to replace my modem with a comcast rental. I called to cancel the appointment and told customer service that I did not make the appointment. Customer server stated there is a rental charge on my account which she will reverse.

I received a 2nd audit letter a few days ago stating the same thing as the first. I called customer service once again and they stated I would not be charged and will receive no more letters.. I'll be keeping a close eye on my account.

FureverFurry
Premium
join:2012-02-20
Wyoming, MI
Reviews:
·Vonage
·Comcast
FWIW, I was told a couple of years ago that whenever there is a "change" on one's account (upgrade/downgrade, etc) that the little box on their computer system defaults to Comcast owned modems. Also, that when calling to provision a modem the phone person has to specifically tick the box for customer owned.

Back then, my modem became Comcast's the next billing cycle after I had a tech visit. I was also promised to have the charges reversed but in the end, I gave up as I never kept the Circuit City receipt.

This is a pretty good revenue stream for Comcast - $$ each month for equipment the customer owns, lol.

pende_tim
Premium
join:2004-01-04
Andover, NJ
kudos:1
Reviews:
·Comcast
said by FureverFurry:

FWIW,

This is a pretty good revenue stream for Comcast - $$ each month for equipment the customer owns, lol.

Yes it is a good revenue stream and one that keeps giving for Comcast long onto the future: Remember you have to return Company Owned Modems when you leave Comcast. They can turn around and re-issue your modem and collect the rental fee from the next customer! LOL

--
The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits.

danger6

@comcast.net
reply to FureverFurry
That could explain it.. I upgraded to blast about a month before I started receiving the letters. I purchased the modem from Amazon so I can reprint the invoice if ownership of the modem is contested.