Premium
join:2003-08-07
Ont, Canada
Reviews:
·TekSavvy Cable

[Cable] Sporadic ping times using RouterBoard RB450G & Moto SB61

Ping times
Hi Everyone.

I have an issue that I can't figure out. I have a Mikrotik RB450G and a Motorola SB6120. When I ping my gateway (that I am assigned by the cable company (R) from my hard wired PC (via router) or directly from the external router interface, I get response times anywhere from 8 ms to 500+ms. When I hook up a PC directly to the SB6120 things are much better. So I bought a new RB450G because I thought there was something wrong with my old one (4+ years old). I have exactly the same issue with the new unit as the old unit. I am running RouterOS 6.2 and am masquerading everything that goes out the external router interface.

I have:

Replaced the router.
Done all the router settings again from scratch.
Backreved from RouterOS 6.2 to 6.1.
Rebooted the router.
Rebooted the modem.
Changed the MAC on the external router port and got an external IP on a different subnet.
Connected a PC directly to the modem and seen a large improvement in response time from the gateway.
Changed the Ethernet cables (CAT6A shielded).
Had Teksavvy verify my modem signal stats are good.
Checked the coax cables and connections.
Verified that the modem is the only equipment on the coax cable fed directly from the demarc (no splitters etc.,).

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated!
--
If you need a compiler to compile a compiler then where did the first compiler come from?

TemporalFlux
Premium
join:2003-08-07
Ont, Canada
Reviews:
·TekSavvy Cable

Re: [Cable] Sporadic ping times using RouterBoard RB450G & Moto

Click for full size
Modem Stats