how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

Anzio

join:2008-11-22
Innisfil, ON

1 edit

[TV] IR Extender for DTA50 Digital Adapter?

Hi all,

We just finished up installing the digital adapters in my folks office. What a painful process (from getting the adapters ordered to getting them to activate them).

The TV's are in the roof and the holes are only large enough to accommodate the TV screen. The adapter needs to stay in the ceiling and therefore patients cannot control the channels via the remote anymore (since the IR receiver is no longer visible). There is an IR In port on the back of the box which I had thought meant I could plug in a simple IR Extender and stick it out from under the TV. We bought 5 from Monoprice. One seems to be working half decently (still awful) and the others barely work (need to be about half an inch from the IR receiver).

I figured this would be as good as place as any to ask for help. Is there a better IR Extender somewhere, or do I have this theory wrong? Are the Monoprice ones just garbage? I am also considering a wireless IR Repeater setup. Any other suggestions?

Thanks!

Anzio

Innisfil, ON
Any insight? Or should I just check out The Source and cross my fingers.

technocar2

join:2009-05-29
Brampton, ON
kudos:2
This is the kit that I have, works perfectly. But shipping is very slow.
»www.ebay.ca/itm/IR-Extender-Rece···d&_uhb=1

yyzlhr

join:2012-09-03
Scarborough, ON
kudos:4
reply to Anzio
Rogers offers free IR extenders with the DTAs but good luck finding a store that actually has it in stock.

Anzio

Innisfil, ON
reply to Anzio
said by technocar2:

This is the kit that I have, works perfectly. But shipping is very slow.
»www.ebay.ca/itm/IR-Extender-Rece···d&_uhb=1

Thanks, these look good but I don't think they fit our needs.

said by yyzlhr:

Rogers offers free IR extenders with the DTAs but good luck finding a store that actually has it in stock.

Much appreciated! You're a lifesaver. Tried about 4 local stores and they had no idea how to get them and told us to call head office (who told us to call the stores). We did find one about 50KM away and ended up going there and sure enough they had 5 IR extenders available .

They are installed and working great. Can finally stop pulling my hair.

Thanks again!

Paolo
Mr. Wireless

join:2004-05-29
canada
do the dta50 ir extender work with the e940 STB?

Anzio

Innisfil, ON
I was under the impression they are universal. Unless the e940 STB has a dual-band IR.