signmeuptoo
Bless you Howie
Premium
join:2001-11-22
NanoParticle
kudos:5

1 recommendation

[Serious] Alain's Auntie is in the hospital

The women that is responsible for my inevitably meeting my beloved has had a heart attack and is in the hospital. Sadly, she's on an island which doesn't have medical care as good as where Alain is, which isn't as good as here in the USA, where the auntie used to live. We don't understand why her husband moved them out of the USA to begin with, though the man seems to do some things I object to. I am a little heartsick because this lady is an important force in Alain and my life and I'm praying she pulls through. Unfortunately, it is very difficult to even contact her family on that island. Also, Alain still has her cough, so I'm a little concerned about that too.
--
Join Teams Helix and Discovery. Rest in Peace, Leonard David Smith, my best friend, you are missed badly! Rest in peace, Pop, glad our last years were good. Please pray for Colin, he has ependymoma, a brain cancer, donate to a children's Hospital.

Santa Fe
Living With Diabetes.
Premium,Mod
join:2000-08-22
Freight Yard

1 edit
I'm so sorry to hear this. Please know not only I, but our Team Helix members are sending prayers & MoJo to you and your wife's aunt.
--
Explore Xubuntu. Like It? Install It. [Love It]!

rfhar
The World Sport, Played In Every Country
Premium
join:2001-03-26
Buicktown,Mi
reply to signmeuptoo
I am praying .

jaynick
lit up
Premium
join:2001-02-06
Sterling Heights, MI
kudos:2
reply to signmeuptoo
continued prayer and mojo sent.

signmeuptoo
Bless you Howie
Premium
NanoParticle

2 recommendations

reply to signmeuptoo
Update: Thanks all of you, INCLUDING those of you silently caring!

So early this morning I talked to Alain and they are trying to find out if they can transfer the aunt to Cebu, but it is an arduous journey by boat and taxi, so it is uncertain if it will happen. I want this woman to live long enough to be at my actual wedding, and then some. She's kept her faith in us all these years and been a real help to Alain at some important times. I'll never forget when I first met the lady, she gave me a cross examination before setting me up for my vacation in Cebu. Little did I know she was match making in the process, blush, she wanted a good boy for her beloved niece, not a guy that indulged in anything unsavory (glad she didn't meet me years ago, hah hah). She's quite a lady, very strong and determined and very Filipino. She made me eat Pinoy dishes to see how I reacted (but I'm a gourmand that loves to try different things, so long as those things AREN'T squid!!!) She invited me over at family functions and sort of adopted me in a sort of manner.

I don't know what she saw in me that Alain and I would fall for each other, and that we'd be so faithful, but we're still together and still in love, so she knew something. God bless you Auntie Rufing.
--
Join Teams Helix and Discovery. Rest in Peace, Leonard David Smith, my best friend, you are missed badly! Rest in peace, Pop, glad our last years were good. Please pray for Colin, he has ependymoma, a brain cancer, donate to a children's Hospital.

onDvine
Don't Litter. Spay-Neuter.
Premium
join:2005-01-29
So. CA, USA
kudos:10
reply to signmeuptoo
I wish her and Alain both well.

jopfef
Home of the BeaChi Boys
Premium,MVM
join:2001-03-31
Saint Louis, MO
kudos:1
reply to signmeuptoo
How are things going??? Is Alain's Aunt going to go to Cebu? Please keep us posted!

signmeuptoo
Bless you Howie
Premium
NanoParticle
I woke Alain up so I could check in, no word yet, don't know how she's doing, don't know if she is being moved. Communication is hampered by the fact they are out in a province. What I do know is Auntie Rufing cannot talk, cannot stand or sit, that she's in really bad shape. I'm calling Alain at least twice a day and she's waiting for them to call her because if Rufing comes to Cebu, Alain will be called upon to do a lot to care for her aunt.

I promise to post more as soon as I know. I'll be calling Alain again tonight right before bed, if the call goes through (sometimes calls don't go through), and I learn anything, I will post, promise.
--

jopfef
Home of the BeaChi Boys
Premium,MVM
Saint Louis, MO
reply to signmeuptoo
Thanks for the update, Mark!

Sending healing light to Alain's Aunt, and to your beloved.

signmeuptoo
Bless you Howie
Premium
NanoParticle
Ok, so uncle Ben said he would call Alain when they are ready to move her or there is news. I told Alain I wanted a phone number to call and she said I shouldn't do that because of tensions, seeing as I am not yet legally family. So... We wait... Other family members aren't so kind towards me and Alain as Rufing is, so we're gonna keep a low profile and be here for them when the time comes.
--

signmeuptoo
Bless you Howie
Premium
NanoParticle

1 recommendation

reply to signmeuptoo
Alright, a real update!

So far, Auntie is surviving, they are going to transport her by plane and Alain is going to bring the ambulance to the airport and get her to the hospital, so evidently they've got some form of insurance hopefully, because most people wouldn't even get treated at the hospital unless they had money (a lot of folks die because of that, there).

Alain is sleeping all day today so that her lack of sleep with Rufing arrives won't make her sick (she's like me, and doesn't sleep well without help).

Alain is awaiting further instructions, and I've sent her what I can in help.

BTW, the blood test for TB is negative, so we're out of the woods on that!
--

jaynick
lit up
Premium
join:2001-02-06
Sterling Heights, MI
kudos:2
reply to signmeuptoo
Sounds like encouraging news, prayers still ongoing.

signmeuptoo
Bless you Howie
Premium
NanoParticle

2 recommendations

reply to signmeuptoo
Ok, she's on her way to get the ambulance, flight arrives around 10ish. I suggested to her to be confident around our auntie because she's probably scared like hell (the aunt). I know I'd want to be told "it's gonna be ok" if I were facing this.

onDvine
Don't Litter. Spay-Neuter.
Premium
join:2005-01-29
So. CA, USA
kudos:10
reply to signmeuptoo
Good wishes continue.

jopfef
Home of the BeaChi Boys
Premium,MVM
Saint Louis, MO
reply to signmeuptoo
Mark, have you heard anything on Alain's Aunt's arrival at the hospital yet??? Please advise!

signmeuptoo
Bless you Howie
Premium
NanoParticle

1 recommendation

She's at the hospital (I just got home 5 minutes ago) and tomorrow she is getting a pace maker supposedly. She's cranky, which is a good sign I think. My dad lived for over 15 years with a pace maker, so I hope her prospects are just as good.

Icarus
CHAOS RULES
Premium,Mod
join:2000-11-08
Off Center
said by signmeuptoo:

She's cranky, which is a good sign I think. My dad lived for over 15 years with a pace maker, so I hope her prospects are just as good.

And he was also cranky!
--
Just cause you got the monkey off your back doesn't mean the circus has left town.
Team Helix- Folding@Home and Rosetta@Home

signmeuptoo
Bless you Howie
Premium
NanoParticle

1 recommendation

Yeah. And I inherited it.

squirt
cacatne alces in silvis?
Premium,MVM
join:2004-04-27
Out Grazing
reply to signmeuptoo
I just read the series of updates.. Great news on the tb test. Hoping for more good news for alain's aunt.

signmeuptoo
Bless you Howie
Premium
NanoParticle

1 recommendation

Squirt, thank you and I want to say that I think her getting a pacemaker, if that does happen, will help immensely. I've been with Alain through MANY deaths of friends and loved ones, and almost all of them were preventable had the people gotten the health care afforded folks in other parts of the world.
--

nonymous
Premium
join:2003-09-08
Glendale, AZ

4 edits
reply to signmeuptoo
All the best and prayers for all.

nonymous
Premium
join:2003-09-08
Glendale, AZ

1 edit
reply to signmeuptoo
edit

signmeuptoo
Bless you Howie
Premium
NanoParticle
reply to signmeuptoo
Ok, so Alain is trying to rally the troops (the family) to pay for the treatments. Sadly, if our aunt was in the USA, she'd be covered by the insurance, and the very reason they went back to the Islands was to save money.

Anyways, Alain has taken charge and is trying to make everything work out. What a fine person my gal is, I don't deserve her.
--

signmeuptoo
Bless you Howie
Premium
NanoParticle

1 recommendation

reply to signmeuptoo
UPDATE, Status:

Auntie Rufing has had her operation. It lasted over 6 hours. She now has a temporary pace maker and is doing well enough they are moving her out of the equivalent of the ICU and into a private room (lucky her!). Alain is working her tail off caring for her, you see, in the Philippiness it works differently, there is a "watcher" that provides the majority of the care in the hospital. Alain is always volunteering to be that watcher. She's the one to go get the medicines, to clean the person, to get food for the person, to tell the nurse and doctor how they are doing, the one to change the bed sheets, all that sort of thing. My Alain is a saint. A longsuffering, kind, wise caregiver.

I made sure she told her aunt about all of you here, and how all of you care and are praying.

Auntie is still very cranky, Alain's uncles are telling her "don't mind her, she does not know how she is acting" and Alain says "I know". I think Rufing had a stroke, because strokes accompany changes in personality, I remember that with dear old Dave.
--

signmeuptoo
Bless you Howie
Premium
NanoParticle

2 recommendations

reply to signmeuptoo
Good news UPDATE:

So Auntie Rufing is now released from the hospital and staying in another part of the city. Now for the other half of why hospital stays suck: The bill!

Alain is so tired that her cough has come back. I begged her to go home and sleep until she cannot sleep another wink.

Thanks, thank so very much, your prayers are answered with a YES!
--

signmeuptoo
Bless you Howie
Premium
NanoParticle

1 recommendation

So it is AM there now, and Alain is headed out to Upon on Mactan Island to get dress Rufings wounds. She'll tend to her and then come home and sleep some more. It's an hours trip each way, by horse cart, scooter, and jeepney. What a gal.