spc

spacer

how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

coolspot18

join:2012-10-23

[Cable] Packet Loss in Richmond Hill - ~3%?

Running a ping against google.ca and Google's DNS server ... seems like I have ~3% packet loss to night.

Anything fish going on with the network tonight?

Thanks.

Markham_User

@teksavvy.com
Not sure if it's related but on my Teksavvy 45/4 in Markham, download speeds dropped from full speed earlier in the day to as low as 5Mbps down over the last two hours. Primus speed test is around 5 while it only goes as high as 20mbps when testing using Beanfield. Every other test server in the Toronto area shows download speeds somewhere in between. Seems to happen at night and very randomly, making it difficult to troubleshoot.

Again, not sure if it's related but you're definitely not alone when it comes to intermittent cable issues....

sm00nie

join:2004-06-04
Toronto, ON
I'm in Toronto (Yonge/Davisville) area and it seems that every Sunday night, dl speed gets destroyed. During the day, it's a no-issue, but at night... eashh good luck getting 1mB down.

Most night my download speed is affected, but Sundays are the worst :P

Kaien

@teksavvy.com
This has been happening to me every night for around 2 weeks now. Every night after 8pm. Packet loss hell begin. Streaming and gaming become impossible. Please fix. I am located at downtown Bloor area.

Ashrafz

join:2013-08-14
Mississauga, ON
reply to coolspot18
im in the wolfedale/mississauga area and currently reporting a 12% packet loss when pinging google.
Expand your moderator at work