uniqs

tubbynet
reminds me of the danse russe
MVM
join:2008-01-16
Gilbert, AZ

tubbynet

MVM

forum layout shifts when logging in from i-device (iphone?)

quick notice...

i like the horizontal site layout.
when i log in from my i-devices (iphone, ipad -- though i think its mostly the iphone) -- the forum layout resets to vertical.

anyone else noticing this -- or is just an order of operations thing (i.e. another device is logged in and its resetting)?

q.

justin
..needs sleep
Mod
join:1999-05-28
Billion BiPAC 7800N
Apple AirPort Extreme (2011)

justin

Mod

the horizontal navigation does not fit into the iphone screen. The vertical navigation is actually not even shown by default, it is more like "no navigation".

The shift should not be sticky and carry back to your desktop account though. If it does, reset it in site preferences then go back to the iphone see if it no longer changes your site preference.

tubbynet
MVM
Gilbert, AZ

tubbynet

MVM

said by justin:

the horizontal navigation does not fit into the iphone screen. The vertical navigation is actually not even shown by default, it is more like "no navigation".

The shift should not be sticky and carry back to your desktop account though. If it does, reset it in site preferences then go back to the iphone see if it no longer changes your site preference.

it doesn't.
i've reset back to horizontal layout and it works fine until i look at the layout on my iphone. as soon as i do this -- it changes back to the vertical layout, until i reset.

its not a horrible issue -- as i usually don't track threads on my iphone -- but the first time i saw the vertical layout -- i thought it was a site change (i don't think i've ever used the vertical layout, ever).

q.

justin
..needs sleep
Mod

justin

Mod

ok I'll chase that down.
justin

justin to tubbynet

Mod

to tubbynet
I checked and .. are you sure?
changed my desktop preference to horizontal, went to iphone and reload a page under the same login, then went back to desktop and it is still horizontal, no change.
A day or two ago yes it was doing that but I don't currently see how it could be happening.

tubbynet
MVM
Gilbert, AZ

tubbynet

MVM

ipad maybe?
i'll doublecheck -- but i made sure that i changed and saved my layout each time. let me look at my stuff.

q.
tubbynet

tubbynet to justin

MVM

to justin
yep. positive.

just set my layout to horizontal. saved. reloaded a bunch of pages, clicked around. everything fine.
reloaded a page on my iphone -- and everything goes back to vertical.

i've logged out/in multiple times. i'd be happy to screencast with you if you're still needing more.

q.

justin
..needs sleep
Mod

justin

Mod

when you say everything goes back to vertical you mean on the desktop, in your site preferences, the site layout choice is auto-magically changed to "vertical" after just a single page view on the phone?

Not that it is vertical on the phone.

tubbynet
MVM
Gilbert, AZ

tubbynet

MVM

said by justin:

when you say everything goes back to vertical you mean on the desktop, in your site preferences, the site layout choice is auto-magically changed to "vertical" after just a single page view on the phone?

yes.
i have dslreports saved in my safari pages.
i can navigate all day on my desktop without issue. i refresh once on my phone -- and it is all reset to vertical -- and is reflected so in 'site prefs'.

i am writing this from my ipad -- and everything looks sane here.

q.

justin
..needs sleep
Mod

justin

Mod

Ok I'll sort it out.