August 26 - Comstock
Sep 3 - Newmarket
Sep 9 - Greensboro
--
Marc - CEO/TekSavvy
paRaMeND
join:2008-06-06

paRaMeND

Finally Richmond got done. Congrats. Slowly but surely you are getting there. Rogers seems to have gotten the process down pretty good now. Put my order in Friday for an upgrade. Will see how that goes, hoping for the best but prepared for a Rogers snafu.

TSI Marc
Premium Member
join:2006-06-23
Chatham, ON

TSI Marc

Premium Member

4 more to go!

TLS2000
Premium Member
join:2004-02-24
Elmsdale, NS

TLS2000

Premium Member

I can't wait for next week. I'm going to put in my order for the 150mbps service (capped).
Xuhum
Premium Member
join:2007-10-05
Canada

Xuhum to TSI Marc

Premium Member

to TSI Marc
How much is the fee it to switch from my disaggregated rate to the new aggregated rates?
and can I do the switch in Sales Chat?

TypeS
join:2012-12-17
London, ON

TypeS

No fees for switching.
Xuhum
Premium Member
join:2007-10-05
Canada

Xuhum

Premium Member

Ah, switched easily on the Myworld portal, sweet.

billco
join:2011-02-11
Ottawa, ON

billco to TSI Marc

to TSI Marc
Today is the day!

*happy dance*

lightrush
join:2008-04-14
Mississauga, ON

lightrush to TSI Marc

to TSI Marc
Would I need to change my modem to upgrade to ATPIA? I have a Moto SB51** bought from TSI. I would like to switch to the plan priced the same as the current 18/0.5 - $39.95.
34764170 (banned)
join:2007-09-06
Etobicoke, ON

34764170 (banned)

You're not upgrading to ATPIA; once the backhaul is switched over everyone is on the new connection whether using the old speed profiles or the new speed profiles. All the new speed profiles require a DOCSIS 3 modem. So the answer is yes.

eldiablo
Premium Member
join:2013-06-14
canada

eldiablo to TSI Marc

Premium Member

to TSI Marc
It's great to see all these upgrades progressing well.:)

Optional
join:2012-02-26
Mississauga, ON

Optional to TSI Marc

to TSI Marc
Baaaah you'd think Wolfdale woulda been one of the first given mississauga's population

So anxious for that 150/10 connection.

Where do I make this switch once it happens? Can I just call it in? I have no idea what my teksavvy world password or login is so... probably easier to call lol..

TLS2000
Premium Member
join:2004-02-24
Elmsdale, NS

TLS2000 to TSI Marc

Premium Member

to TSI Marc
Marc,

Has Rogers given you an ETA on when they will give you a line monitoring tool on a per-customer basis?
The Mongoose
join:2010-01-05
Toronto, ON

The Mongoose to Optional

to Optional
said by Optional:

Baaaah you'd think Wolfdale woulda been one of the first given mississauga's population

So anxious for that 150/10 connection.

Where do I make this switch once it happens? Can I just call it in? I have no idea what my teksavvy world password or login is so... probably easier to call lol..

I'm not sure population had much to do with the order, but if it did I'd definitely leave larger POIs until the middle or end. If there's going to be a learning curve, better the tough parts at the beginning come while you're working on smaller POIs so that things go smoothly when you get to the big ones.

Also, they had to schedule the updates to coincide with the installation of the 10 gig ATPIA links down to 151 Front. A big switchover would have to happen when they had lots of spare capacity, as they do now.

Fraoch
join:2003-08-01
Cambridge, ON
SmartRG SR808ac
TP-Link EAP225
Grandstream HT502

Fraoch to Optional

to Optional
said by Optional:

You can also make a post in the direct forum.

Calling it in should be your last resort - although TSI has worked to keep the call-in waits down, if everybody calls their order in the system may be swamped again.
deal1
join:2010-12-27
Nepean

deal1 to TSI Marc

to TSI Marc
Next in line! Hopefully Wolfedale will be smooth.
sakraycore
join:2008-01-08
Scarborough, ON

sakraycore to TSI Marc

to TSI Marc
Please stop the migration until the congestion issues are resolved.
The Mongoose
join:2010-01-05
Toronto, ON

The Mongoose

said by sakraycore:

Please stop the migration until the congestion issues are resolved.

TSI has tons of spare capacity...they're not going to cancel the migration. It's got to get finished, hopefully afterwards someone can pin down where Rogers is screwing things up.
EHTL
join:2002-10-31
Canada

EHTL to TypeS

to TypeS
said by TypeS:

No fees for switching.

said by TypeS:

No fees for switching.

Can I pre-order the switch?

TSI Marc
Premium Member
join:2006-06-23
Chatham, ON

TSI Marc

Premium Member

yep. should be able to on friday

KPaul
join:2007-02-08

KPaul to TSI Marc

to TSI Marc
On the Friday before your day, post in the direct forum, and try MyWorld. I got mine switched over fairly quickly doing that.

Optional
Mississauga, ON

Optional

said by KPaul:

On the Friday before your day, post in the direct forum, and try MyWorld. I got mine switched over fairly quickly doing that.

so if mines on the 19th, I can order it this friday and make a post in the direct forum stating I want to be switched from 28/1 to 150/10?

KPaul

KPaul to TSI Marc

to TSI Marc
I believe so, just based on my experience, as I followed what others told me. Make sure you have the right modem, and if you have a router, one that can handle things.

Optional
Mississauga, ON

Optional

of course. thomson 475 and an asus n66u dark knight.

KPaul

KPaul to TSI Marc

to TSI Marc
wonderful, good luck!

Optional
Mississauga, ON

Optional

I'd love to get 150/10 unlimited but that pricetag is laughable. it'll be hard to stay within 300 but at least 2 am to 8 am is free, and uploading isn't counted right? I could upload 2 tb and it wouldnt even matter?

yyzUnderdog
Premium Member
join:2001-11-24
Mississauga, ON

yyzUnderdog to TSI Marc

Premium Member

to TSI Marc
Can't. Wait. For. Friday.

Going to get that request in!

TwiztedZero
Nine Zero Burp Nine Six
Premium Member
join:2011-03-31
Toronto, ON

TwiztedZero to Optional

Premium Member

to Optional
said by Optional:

I'd love to get 150/10 unlimited but that pricetag is laughable. it'll be hard to stay within 300 but at least 2 am to 8 am is free, and uploading isn't counted right? I could upload 2 tb and it wouldnt even matter?

Yeah CBB is a hella pain doubles the cost. Else I'd shoot for unlimited myself for the 150/10.

And yes, UP-loads are not counted 24/7 (on all ATPIA packages), though I imagine there is a reasonable ammount someplace, just makes sense. Besides It'd also depend on the file size and upload rate at a given time as the sustained download/upload is actually real world considerably lower than your package speed. This is normal.

COMINGUP
@teksavvy.com

COMINGUP to TSI Marc

Anon

to TSI Marc
Marc,
So Wolfedale is coming up. How do I know if it has done so that I can log into my page to change the speed? Also I just got charged for the month do I have to pay the difference after speed bump?

thx.

metalhawk
join:2007-02-06
Nepean, ON

metalhawk to TSI Marc

to TSI Marc
Anyone on Fallowfield get their new speeds yet?