uniqs
rdcanuck
join:2010-09-22
Nepean, ON

rdcanuck to metalhawk

to metalhawk

Re: [Cable] ATPIA - Migration Schedule UPDATED August 12th

said by metalhawk:

Anyone on Fallowfield get their new speeds yet?

I would like to know as well. I am on Richmond and still no new speed.

TSI Andre
Premium Member
join:2008-06-03
Chatham, ON

TSI Andre

Premium Member

Rogers is delayed in processing tickets we send them so its possible it hasn't been done yet. You can always post in the direct or call in and we can let you know of any status updates.
deal1
join:2010-12-27
Nepean

deal1

Andre, when will the MyWorld database be updated so we can submit tickets for tier changes for the Wolfedale migration?

TSI Andre
Premium Member
Chatham, ON

TSI Andre

Premium Member

I just spoke with the Director of R&D and he said its on track for today. He will message me when done and I will post here. Sorry, no exact ETA as of yet.

wasHighwire
@teksavvy.com

wasHighwire to metalhawk

Anon

to metalhawk
I signed up for a speed change on August 6, and even though I received the "processed" e-mail a couple of days later, I'm still waiting. In TSI's defense, the web page said "15 days".
rdcanuck
join:2010-09-22
Nepean, ON

rdcanuck to TSI Andre

to TSI Andre
said by TSI Andre:

Rogers is delayed in processing tickets we send them so its possible it hasn't been done yet. You can always post in the direct or call in and we can let you know of any status updates.

Thanks Andre. We all know that the delay is in Rogers hands so there is not much point in 'rattling the cage' in Teksavvy land by asking for updates

I will just keep checking my modem logs for some kind of activity and hope that it is sooner rather than later. At the end of the day, the new speeds is just a nice to have and not a 'must have'. I was simply curious if others in Ottawa are starting to see their upgrades happening.

Optional
join:2012-02-26
Mississauga, ON

Optional to TSI Marc

to TSI Marc
Rogers being delayed is the understatement of the year. I've had a ticket open for them to answer for almost 2 weeks. -_- wonder how long a bump up in speed will take me

TSI Andre
Premium Member
Chatham, ON

TSI Andre

Premium Member

It is now live. You should see the new options in MyWorld/Website. If you don't please post your current IP and Postal Code in the direct so we can have it flipped for you.
randomguy49
join:2011-08-26
k2s 0n1

randomguy49 to rdcanuck

to rdcanuck

said by rdcanuck See Profile
I will just keep checking my modem logs for some kind of activity and hope that it is sooner rather than later. At the end of the day, the new speeds is just a nice to have and not a 'must have'. I was simply curious if others in Ottawa are starting to see their upgrades happening.

I'm in Kanata. I requested the update on Wednesday August 7th (late night), got an email from Teksavvy on Saturday the 10th, saying that the request was sent to Rogers.

I still haven't gotten the speed upgrade, I did see a few interesting logs. On Wednesday there was a "Remote SNMP reboot" of my cable modem (but nothing else). On Thursday Rogers upgraded my SBC6120 firmware. Still waiting for the speed upgrade though.
deal1
join:2010-12-27
Nepean

deal1 to TSI Andre

to TSI Andre
said by TSI Andre:

It is now live. You should see the new options in MyWorld/Website. If you don't please post your current IP and Postal Code in the direct so we can have it flipped for you.

Thank you. I just used it to request a switch to one of the new tiers. Now I patiently wait

Thank you for your cable Internet package change request. If you are changing speed tiers, you should receive an email confirming the change has been completed in approximately 10 to 15 business days. If you are performing a package change but not changing speed tiers, you should receive an email confirming the change has been completed within 5 days.
DigitalRain
join:2013-03-16

DigitalRain to Optional

to Optional
In my experience, probably a week or two, unfortunately. I'm going from 28/1 to 45/4, and I'm really looking forward to the improved upload.

Optional
Mississauga, ON

Optional

Can't wait for this 150/10 300gb package, I'm so excited it feels like christmas.
mikee
join:2012-12-21
Gloucester, ON

mikee

Yeah its great other than the fact you can use your 300gb in less than 5 hours xD

Optional
Mississauga, ON

1 edit

Optional

said by mikee:

Yeah its great other than the fact you can use your 300gb in less than 5 hours xD

That's not true. If I maxed out my connection all day, yeah, but who does that anyway? That would accomplish nothing, and the sheer hours of outcome from doing so (games, movies, tv shows) I'd be good for the rest of the month anyway. Two people in my house use the internet. Here is how it's broken down, even on unlimited right now. I can keep track thanks to my Asus n66u router. Now if you've got 3+ people in your house, heavily using the internet, it's a different story.

For the purpose of this example I'll probably exaggerate: Two HD episodes of something on netflix a day, plus maybe two movies a month. 2.5 GB per episode, 5-6gb per movieVideo streaming from other stuff such as youtube/twitch, 1gb a day. Downloading 4 episdoes of new television, in HD, which is usually 900mb-1.2gb, we'll use 1.2gb for this, that's 5 gb rounded up. Browsing the web, facebook, and gaming, let's give it a generious 5gb for the entire month, we'll add that on at the end though. My fiancee is finishing school in the states, so we rely on webcam chatting to see each other. An hour to two hours a day, give or take, so that ends up being about 300mb an hour incoming from her, since uploading doesn't count towards that cap i'm ignoring my webcams usage. Let's make this an extreme for this, and we use skype 2 hours a day. That's 600mb a day & 18 gb a month. Now, let's say I get two 1080p movies a month. For decent bitrate fiels that's about 14gb.

TLDR;

So that's,
2.5x30+6x2+1x30+5x4+18+14x2

Simplified
75+12+30+20+18+28+5= 188gb.

I've still got 112gb to play with, for whatever. Taking advantage of the free download time between 2am and 8am will make this even easier.
b773
join:2011-09-01

b773 to TSI Marc

to TSI Marc
How does one exactly request a change thru the customer portal? I logged in, clicked on Rogers Internet Changes, entered my postal code and clicked Check. A small '*' appeared beside the postal code field. I tried thru both Chrome and IE. Am I doing something wrong?

Treegravy
Premium Member
join:2011-04-21
Canada

Treegravy to TSI Marc

Premium Member

to TSI Marc
The '*' indicates an error in typing the code in. Try without a space.
b773
join:2011-09-01

b773

Awesome! Thank you very much. It was the space. Was noted somewhere and I just missed it? Anyway, got my order in.

Treegravy
Premium Member
join:2011-04-21
Canada

Treegravy

Premium Member

No problem! I did exactly that too which is why I remembered. There are a lot of sites that won't recognize CAD postal code with a space so keep it mind for future reference.
Ashrafz
join:2013-08-14
Mississauga, ON

Ashrafz to TSI Marc

to TSI Marc
Can't wait for Wolfedale. Just put in my order for 150mbps!

Abattoir
join:2008-03-27
Ottawa, ON

Abattoir to rdcanuck

to rdcanuck
I'm on Richmond, and requested my upgrade on 8 Aug. I was expecting a delay, as Richmond didn't even come online until the 12th. I just got upgraded moments ago, and am now happily surfing at 55/4.

TwiztedZero
Nine Zero Burp Nine Six
Premium Member
join:2011-03-31
Toronto, ON

TwiztedZero

Premium Member

said by Abattoir:

I just got upgraded moments ago, and am now happily surfing at 55/4.

Did you mean 45/4 ?

Abattoir
join:2008-03-27
Ottawa, ON

1 recommendation

Abattoir

said by TwiztedZero:

Did you mean 45/4 ?

Not according to speedtest.net, although that could be the speedboost at work. I'm subscribed to 45/4.

wasHighwire
@teksavvy.com

wasHighwire to Abattoir

Anon

to Abattoir
Lucky you. I'm on Fallowfield, and signed up for the faster speed two days before you did and... still waiting.
randomguy49
join:2011-08-26
k2s 0n1

randomguy49

Does anybody have the new speeds on fallowfield yet?

metalhawk
join:2007-02-06
Nepean, ON

metalhawk to wasHighwire

to wasHighwire
said by wasHighwire :

Lucky you. I'm on Fallowfield, and signed up for the faster speed two days before you did and... still waiting.

Same here. Still waiting on Fallowfield.
cjellison
join:2011-05-14

cjellison

I'm on Fallowfield still waiting for Rogers to provision my new modem before I can request the speed increase.
aft3rgl0w
join:2013-06-08

aft3rgl0w to randomguy49

to randomguy49
Fallowfield here, speedtest results posted. Was switched overnight fri/sat. Took 8 days. I also get DL bursts up to 45 mb/s at times. Loving it so far
*I should note I upgraded to 35/3 from 28/1. No modem reset necessary
nijohc
join:2011-04-06

nijohc to TSI Marc

to TSI Marc
is it normal for there to be no requests under "portal requests" after you request a cable speed change?
Xuhum
Premium Member
join:2007-10-05
Canada

Xuhum

Premium Member

said by nijohc:

is it normal for there to be no requests under "portal requests" after you request a cable speed change?

You should receive a confirmation email within a day of the request.

TwiztedZero
Nine Zero Burp Nine Six
Premium Member
join:2011-03-31
Toronto, ON

TwiztedZero to nijohc

Premium Member

to nijohc
Yeah once your request has been sent in, you'll get an email in a few days.

After its all set up and done and you have your new speeds you still won't see any visible indicators on the MyWorld that anything changed there.

I think TSI will be redoing the portal sometime in the hopefully near future. So many other things are still ongoing eh