Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

todd2222222

join:2005-03-15
Lewisville, TX

Install Question

Hi,
I've ordered U-Verse Internet and U-Verse TV and have an install appointment scheduled for 8/21 at 9-11am.

My home is in somewhat new construction and thus I've never had ATT hooked up to my home. Will the tech that is currently scheduled to come to my home be able to do this work? Or will someone come out before he arrives to do it? Or do I need to do something to make sure it happens?

I tried calling the support line and asked but I didn't get a very satisfying answer.

I tried to setup U-Verse 4 years ago at the some location and it didn't go well...the tech arrived to install and said that he couldn't do anything because the house was not hooked up to their network...after 2 weeks of phone calls I finally gave up and told them to forget it. I don't want this to happen again.

Thanks!
Todd

Msradell
P.E.
Premium
join:2008-12-25
Louisville, KY

As long as you have telephone service to your home the technician that arrives for the installation should be able to complete everything for you. Even if you don't actually have telephone service but have a line run to your home for telephone you will be okay. Install technician will run everything needed inside your home.

todd2222222

Lewisville, TX

Okay - so that's the problem. I don't have phone service at my home and a line has never been run to my home.

ArgMeMatey

join:2001-08-09
Milwaukee, WI
kudos:2
Reviews:
·voip.ms
·AT&T Midwest
·Time Warner Cable

said by todd2222222:

Okay - so that's the problem. I don't have phone service at my home and a line has never been run to my home.

Does the area have underground utilities? I am curious whether the builder included a conduit or duct between each dwelling and the utility pedestals in the right-of-way or utility easement.

I have recommended to a couple of people building in new areas to have this conduit included by the builder, or to do it themselves before the landscaping is started. Of course nobody does it, because it's just not that important in the whole deal. Then the installer shows up. One got a sod-lift "burial", the other got a couple of guys that trenched through the sprinkler lines.
--
USNG:
16TDN2870
Find your USNG coordinates:
USNGWeb

rolande
Certifiable
Premium,Mod
join:2002-05-24
Dallas, TX
kudos:5
Reviews:
·AT&T U-Verse
·ViaTalk
reply to todd2222222

When I called for install at my new house, I did mention to them it was a new house and that was it. The installer they sent did it all. He mounted the NID, ran a cable to the pedestal, terminated the inside wiring, installed the RG and battery, installed and tested all the STBs, installed and tested phone service, verified wireless Internet access, and scheduled a ticket to bury the oustide line. There should be some indication in their database that your customer address has never had service previously and requires a full install.
--
Scott, CCIE #14618 Routing & Switching
»rolande.wordpress.com/

todd2222222

Lewisville, TX

Great Thanks. I'm just down the road from you in McKinney. Hopefully I'll have the same experience.

Todd

rolande
Certifiable
Premium,Mod
join:2002-05-24
Dallas, TX
kudos:5
Reviews:
·AT&T U-Verse
·ViaTalk

They should be out of the same Prem Tech garage. Hopefully you get one of the "good" guys. You have about a 10-15% chance of that. They get a lot of turnover on those teams so they are always training new guys. You never really get an option but if you have issues, you could call the Tech manager and request that he send Viet out. He is one of the best guys with the most experience out of that garage.
--
Scott, CCIE #14618 Routing & Switching
»rolande.wordpress.com/