spc
uniqs

youtoo
@ameritech.net

youtoo to Paralel

Anon

to Paralel

Re: NVG589 modem / timestamp

I am going to go out on a limb here and bet that att has chosen to use Zulu as the standard time reporting on their network devices and they have the expectation that the customer equipment will have the ability to recognize and adjust the time accordingly. I'm not willing to hold my breath that you will get the time changed in the RG.

Msradell
Premium Member
join:2008-12-25
Louisville, KY

Msradell

Premium Member

said by youtoo :

I am going to go out on a limb here and bet that att has chosen to use Zulu as the standard time reporting on their network devices and they have the expectation that the customer equipment will have the ability to recognize and adjust the time accordingly. I'm not willing to hold my breath that you will get the time changed in the RG.

I don't believe this is the case because many users, myself included, don't have this problem. I have only been a few reported cases of this so like some of the earlier posters it seems like a corrupt or incorrect configuration file.

rolande
Certifiable
MVM,
join:2002-05-24
Dallas, TX
ARRIS BGW210-700
Cisco Meraki MR42

rolande to youtoo

MVM,

to youtoo
said by youtoo :

I am going to go out on a limb here and bet that att has chosen to use Zulu as the standard time reporting on their network devices and they have the expectation that the customer equipment will have the ability to recognize and adjust the time accordingly.

I would feel safe betting that you are right on that as well. It is much easier for reporting and log correlation purposes to use a common time across all devices attached to a network. Customer facing services that rely on a device clock should have a separate presentation clock based on the local timezone.