All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
Search similar:

uniqs
Fionnmaccool
join:2013-08-12

Fionnmaccool

Bell FTTH - Fibe TV - Wireless receiver

Just looking for some recent feedback on wireless fibe TV, as I'm thinking of ordering. Any issues with signal as I have heard they typicall install the ONT and the modem/router in the basement. Also how does the setup work? Adapter from the modem, transmits to the wireless receiver, and then some sort of adapter into an HDMI port on the TV?

Is it also possible to use my own router for the wireless signal? I have an ASUS RT AC66U that I hoped to use.

thanks
btech805
join:2013-08-01
Canada

btech805

We've had very few issues with the wireless receiver as far as I know the signal seems to travel better upstairs than downstairs which I explain to customers. Ive installed modems on the top floor and not been able to get signal in the basement but installed modems in the basement and had tv working fine on the second floor. And just to clarify the receiver communicates to the modem wirelessly but it is hard wired to your tv.

As of right now I dont know of any way to use your own router but im sure someone has/will found a way...
Fionnmaccool
join:2013-08-12

1 edit

Fionnmaccool

ah OK that is very helpful thanks. I didn't get that the TV is actually hard wired to the receiver. So to connect to up to 5 tvs, you would still have to run wires to each TV?

***nevermind I think I answered my own question reading more closely on the Bell website. You would need a wireless receiver for each tv you want to connect wirelessly to the connection hub.
btech805
Canada

btech805

Yes exactly, the receivers connect wirelessly to the connection hub. If you are looking for any more information pm me
lowping
join:2013-08-04

lowping to Fionnmaccool

to Fionnmaccool
said by Fionnmaccool:

Just looking for some recent feedback on wireless fibe TV, as I'm thinking of ordering. Any issues with signal as I have heard they typicall install the ONT and the modem/router in the basement. Also how does the setup work? Adapter from the modem, transmits to the wireless receiver, and then some sort of adapter into an HDMI port on the TV?

Is it also possible to use my own router for the wireless signal? I have an ASUS RT AC66U that I hoped to use.

thanks

Wait, aren't they supposed to connect to the Motorola wireless transmiter ?

»ca.finance.yahoo.com/new ··· 881.html
btech805
Canada

btech805

Yes which is plugged into the connection hub via ethernet
lowping
join:2013-08-04

lowping

said by btech805:

Yes which is plugged into the connection hub via ethernet

So they don't connect wirelessly to the connection hub ?
yyzlhr
join:2012-09-03
Scarborough, ON

yyzlhr

No the only thing that is wireless is between the wireless receiver and any wireless STBs you have.

The whole point is to allow customers to access TV services that don't have coax or cat 5 without having to drill holes and fish wires.
btech805
Canada

btech805 to lowping

to lowping
They connect wirelessly to the video access point (vap) which is hardwired to the connection hub, quick diagram below haha

Connection hub ----PVR
|---VAP

Receiver 2 receiver 3, etc