spc
uniqs

Ike1
join:2012-06-02
Brooklyn, NY

Ike1 to Betamax76

to Betamax76

[Channels] Re: October 1st Channel Changes

The same thing happened with IFC a while back. It converted from a premium or semi-premium channel with no commercials (or limited commercials) to a basic cable channel with the usual full load of commercials. Now Sundance, owned by the same AMC/Rainbow creeps since 2008, is apparently making the same conversion to basic cable.

I have the Extreme tier. I'd love to see Top of the Lake, which was supposed to be an excellent miniseries, but it probably won't still be available from Sundance HD On Demand by October, assuming it even still is now. (There are several channels like this that offer free HD On Demand on FiOS but aren't available as regular HD channels, presumably because of bandwidth issues.) Even if we had the HD channel, it would probably look terrible, like AMC HD and IFC HD do, because AMC/Rainbow is stingy with the bandwidth. It's often blocky. And I don't even usually notice these things.
tlbepson
Premium Member
join:2002-02-09
dc metro

tlbepson

Premium Member

[Channels] .

>>ike1: I'd love to see Top of the Lake, which was supposed to be an excellent miniseries

It was quite strange and while I usually like strange, after watching it there were portions in it that made no sense and I sort of wish I'd not wasted my time. It very well could be that it will be available via Sundance On Demand as they change their On Demand offerings with some regularity--at least they did when I had Comcast (got FiOS 6/3/13).
ansky
join:2009-05-18
West Orange, NJ

ansky to Ike1

to Ike1

[Channels] Re: October 1st Channel Changes

I am now seeing Sundance available in my Extreme package. Looks like they are a few days early. It's still on ch 392.

bohratom
My Jersey Giants finally winning again..
join:2011-07-07
Red Bank NJ

bohratom

said by ansky:

I am now seeing Sundance available in my Extreme package. Looks like they are a few days early. It's still on ch 392.

Nice catch, active in VHO7 with ExtremeHD...
webcobbler
join:2013-03-09
Rumson, NJ

webcobbler

was Sundance on Extreme or Prime before? Or was it Only always available on Ultimate?
webcobbler

webcobbler

I also hope that with the changing of channels being moved to different locations: That it does not effect that I can now receive "This" channel, but in its new area I can not.
PJL
join:2008-07-24
Long Beach, CA

1 edit

PJL to webcobbler

to webcobbler
said by webcobbler:

was Sundance on Extreme or Prime before? Or was it Only always available on Ultimate?

It was in the Extreme HHD package too where I live.
ansky
join:2009-05-18
West Orange, NJ

ansky

said by PJL:

said by webcobbler:

It was in the Extreme HHD package too.

Not in NJ. It was previously only available in the Ultimate HD package or as part of one of the movie packages.