Search similar:

uniqs
dsldan
join:2001-11-06
Forest Hills, NY

dsldan

[Speed/Latency] Verizon Direct not responding to DSL Speed issue

Hi,

Has anyone posted a DSL-Speed issue in the Verizon Direct forum recently and not gotten a response, while FIOS issues posted the same day do get responses?

Just noticed that, and I'm still waiting for a reply.

Thanks
neilemon
join:2010-06-06
united state
Actiontec GT784WN

1 recommendation

neilemon

[Speed/Latency] Re: Verizon Direct not responding to DSL Speed i

Yes, same here. No replies from Direct Support.

Last 2 technicians out for line noise degraded my DSL throughput in the process. Moe had a DSL tester with a dead battery, Larry had no DSL tester at all. I'll report back if Curly has any success.

You could try escalating your issue 1-800-483-7988, press 3 for customer relations.

They gave me a direct line to the regional repair center. When I call it I get a message that the voice mail is full and can not take my message.

tim_k
Buttons, Bows, Beamer, Shadow, Kasey
Premium Member
join:2002-02-02
Stewartstown, PA

1 recommendation

tim_k to dsldan

Premium Member

to dsldan
Yeah Neil, I see a half ringer on your line that probably should be removed.I showed your MLT results to MCO and they said you definitely need a dispatch. Let me know if 'Curley' doesn't come through. Dan, looks like I haven't chatted with you since 2005 and I don't see your DSL number to check into it.
dsldan
Forest Hills, NY

dsldan

My DSL number is in the Verizon Direct forum post.

This just about says it all:
»/fo ··· =noreply
Vast majority of the Unreplied posts are DSL related.

tim_k
Buttons, Bows, Beamer, Shadow, Kasey
Premium Member
join:2002-02-02
Stewartstown, PA

2 recommendations

tim_k

Premium Member

I can't read posts in there Dan. Those guys are paid to help out there, I do this in my spare time in an unofficial capacity.

DC DSL
There's a reason I'm Command.
Premium Member
join:2000-07-30
Washington, DC
Actiontec GT784WN

DC DSL to dsldan

Premium Member

to dsldan
I've had a speed issue going on 2 weeks now. tim_k See Profile (bless his fuzzy little heart) looked into it and found the problem is congestion in the CO. No one else has followed up, though. Not that there's much they probably can do since the fix involves upgrading equipment at the CO and the congestion threshold that should prompt the CO folks to do something hasn't been reached.
dsldan
Forest Hills, NY

dsldan

OK, well, thanks, I just wanted to confirm my suspicions that DSL speed issues are being ignored over at Verizon Direct. It was good while it lasted, I suppose.

My speeds have returned to normal, or what passes for normal with DSL. Thanks for the offer, tim_k, I'll keep you in mind for next time.

DC DSL
There's a reason I'm Command.
Premium Member
join:2000-07-30
Washington, DC
Actiontec GT784WN

DC DSL to dsldan

Premium Member

to dsldan
I wish my CO would wake up. The threshold is 15 days of 30 with congestion. This is Day 12.

DC DSL

DC DSL

Premium Member

Madon! Seriously?

lamekuma
join:2009-04-17
Novato, CA

lamekuma

I finally just gave up. Went with Comcast and hopefully I'll just get a stable connection. That's all I can ask for. -_-

My DSL has been disconnecting on / off in the afternoon/nights lately this past week. Don't know if something is overloaded but I guess it's time to stop using my phone wires to get an internet connection.

I just hope they can use the older Coax cables since this is an older house.
tjcjr88
join:2013-08-25
Swedesboro, NJ

1 recommendation

tjcjr88 to dsldan

to dsldan
I'm guessing from the looks of it they aren't answering anything at all about DSL anymore. If you look in every category regarding DSL, there has not been a single vz support answer to anyone since late June. I tried incorrectly posting my DSL issue in FiOS after no response (although I clearly put that it was a DSL issue and not FiOS and why as the first sentence) and it was still ignored while the FiOS questions afterwards were again escalated.

I posted here because they were doing the same thing on their own forums. I guess the writings on the wall. They have no problem taking my money every month but they don't want to support their service. And if it's because they want you to switch to FiOS, I can't! There's not enough population in my Philly suburb twp to warrant the cost according to them. Despite the fact that we are one of the fastest growing towns in South Jersey with a population of over 30k and one of the highest median incomes in SJ at $88k a year. While mine certainly isn't worth that amount (I wish), the median house is worth $390k in this town! I would think a good deal of residents would jump on it and not blink an eye at price if they offered it here. But alas, they don't! So support the product you DO offer!!! And from the last I saw, less than a third of VZ customers are able to currently get FiOS so WTH would they stop supporting a product that the majority of their customers still have?

cabana
Department of Adjustments
Mod
join:2000-07-07
New York, NY

2 recommendations

cabana

Mod

I am going to check directly with them and circle back ... I hope this is not true!
dsldan
Forest Hills, NY

dsldan

thank you tjcjr88 for the confirmation of what I've been seeing, and cabana for looking into it.
tjcjr88
join:2013-08-25
Swedesboro, NJ

tjcjr88 to cabana

to cabana
No answer even to a mod. I guess the lack of an answer is even more clear than if they did answer. If you look at all the DSL views, I'm not sure they are even looking (most are at 2 view. I assume that to be the OP and a mod). So disappointing. Thanks for trying.

cabana
Mod
New York, NY

1 recommendation

cabana

Mod

don't give up yet ... I am still pressing. It is a holiday weekend ... so I am not ready to count out a no reply just yet ... if no response by Tuesday then ... we might say ... the writing is on the wall I think ...
Expand your moderator at work
neilemon
united state

2 edits

neilemon to cabana

to cabana

[Speed/Latency] Re: Verizon Direct not responding to DSL Speed i

The last posted DSL related replies I see by Verizon Direct Support were in June. My posts remain unanswered.

JRave
Premium Member
join:2005-02-19
New Kensington, PA

JRave

Premium Member

Yeah and back in June they were doing the run around BS. I had a desync issue then, that has slowly worked itself out. They claimed their tech called, I got 1 phone call that day and I could not understand the guy at all. He never even mentioned Verizon DSL before I got fed up.

Funny thing about those desync issues? They happened at the same time Verizon raised my Internet cost. I went from $34.99 to basically $40. They also tacked on a DSL Gateway fee sometime in the last year as well. I didn't notice until the issues in May/June. Never got any info in regards to that, since I've been using the same modem for around 4 years or so now.
Noobed
join:2012-04-05
Camarillo, CA

Noobed

If you have the DSL gateway fee either get it removed and threaten that they are 'slamming' you with or take advantage and get a new DSL gateway. Make sure to get the WI fi router one... No idea if they will upgrade to 80211n... Ever

JRave
Premium Member
New Kensington, PA

JRave

Premium Member

I have a Westell 7500 which has wifi. First thing I did was disable that and then switched my modem into bridge mode. I hear they started to give out 802.11n gateways though. A D-Link or something. Haven't bothered with looking into it.

cabana
Mod
New York, NY

1 recommendation

cabana

Mod

I have asked again ... for a MINIMUM to at least acknowledge the issue ... we do need to have a clear line in the sand here for expectations.
neilemon
united state
Actiontec GT784WN

neilemon

I was sent the Actiontec GT784WNV, which had 802.11n -
It seems to hold sync even with my horrible noise margins.

As alternatives to the VZ Direct Support forum here maybe try:
Twitter »twitter.com/VerizonSupport
-or-

»forums.verizon.com - Lot's of DSL customers have posted here & I've seen reference to a closed technical support area, but not sure of the exact link.

cabana
Mod
New York, NY

1 recommendation

cabana

Mod

Verizon has confirmed that they ARE still assisting members with DSL issues and that you can see one on one assistance in the Direct Forums. If you anyone is still having an issue getting their issue addressed please let me know. Thanks

JRave
Premium Member
New Kensington, PA

JRave

Premium Member

I do hope that holds true, as they were still ignoring requests until today.

Thanks for getting us an answer though.
firemanva
join:2013-09-18
Oak Hall, VA

firemanva to dsldan

to dsldan
I posted a DSL speed issue and it was answered the next day by Verizon Direct Support and they seem to have fixed the issue.
dsldan
Forest Hills, NY

dsldan to cabana

to cabana
Thanks, cabana. So far everything is OK with my DSL, but if I need to post, I'll let you know if they're responding in the Direct forum.

Thanks again!
neilemon
united state
Actiontec GT784WN

neilemon to cabana

to cabana
"Verizon has confirmed that they ARE still assisting members with DSL issues and that you can see one on one assistance in the Direct Forums"

It took since 2013-Aug-29 2:57 pm to determine this? 20 days?
I have several previous posts that have never been answered.

cabana
Mod
New York, NY

cabana

Mod

sending you a private message to see if we can remedy that!
neilemon
united state

1 recommendation

neilemon

Kudos to Cabana for getting the Direct forum back in gear for DSL customers.