uniqs

Pacomartin
join:2013-03-18
Bethlehem, PA

Pacomartin to JamiLeeD

to JamiLeeD

Re: [CATV] Al Jazeera America

said by JamiLeeD:

As of July 1, 2009 Megahertz Network has taken BVN, Channel 34, off of the air.

Interesting. Blame the other guy on both ends

From their website:
»www.mhznetworks.org/abou ··· h-mhz-dc
* Due to channel reconfiguration related to the digital transition, channel numbers for the new MHz Networks 12-channel line-up have yet to be defined. MHz Networks channels 1-8 are currently distributed on RCN cable and Verizon FiOS.

While there is a table indicating which four channels are removed for RCN and FIOS, they are not the same four channels. RCN is not showing Al-Jazeera English, Arirang TV (Korean), VTV America (Vietnamese and other languages), and MHz Worldview (English language). FIOS has four different channels excluded.

Nobody is fessing up to any deliberate censuring.

Please post more information as this topic is very fascinating.
JamiLeeD
join:2004-01-03
Silver Spring, MD

JamiLeeD

It's why I pretty much gave up on the topic until the sale of Current/creation of aJA happened. As I recall, it was originally announced that aJE was going to be on RCN (according to MHz), but then launch day occurred and nothing came of it. Which is why I'll believe that we get al-Jazeera America when I see it.

CW83
@rcn.com

CW83

Anon

Al-Jazeera America will run on channel 326, beginning at 3:00pm on August 20. Enjoy!
FitChicago
join:2010-12-31
Chicago, IL

FitChicago

I'm begging RCN to offer an HD broadcast of Al Jazeera America in addition to the SD broadcast on 326.

Their incredible graphics packages and sets look blah in SD...
Os
join:2011-01-26
US

Os

There is no HD package yet to offer, but I suspect it will be coming soon.