kudos:9
Reviews:
·TELUS

4 recommendations

[Free/Paid] WinPatrol 2013 - v28.6.2013

WinPatrol™2013 v28.6.2013
August 12th, 2013

quote:
While malware infections range from ransomware to programs that control centrifuges, the biggest complaint lately has been software that installs toolbars and takes over home and search pages. A large number of companies are now including unwanted software with their regular updates. The payments received for tricking users into installing ad driven search pages provide huge incentives. If you find software that seems to require updates every week I would say 1) the company is counting on you not seeing a checkbox that give permission to download unwanted programs or 2) the programmers are so bad they can't fix bugs or security vulnerabilities.

This update provides enhancements and fixes to version 28 especially related to changes made to a Start page, Search Page, Background screen commonly used by ransomware and other common attack vectors. Text is more more useful and there are more Help buttons so alert messages can be reduced..

• Our timing and text describing page changes has improved and now a Help button.
• Support for displaying a new Service type (Trigger Start) that is now supported by Windows 8.1.
• Fix bug when Removing programs from registry when they are disabled.
• Fixed error restoring Shortcut or .lnk files that were removed but available in history file
• Options & Reports menu text fixed
• Restart no lonnger required to enter Name and Code if they have been cleared by Reset and Repair screen

Downloads: »www.winpatrol.com/download.html

--
Gladiator Security Forum

CCat
We're all quite mad here
Premium,MVM
join:2005-12-06
Wonderland
kudos:18

Re: [Free/Paid] WinPatrol 2013 - v28.6.201

Updated...Thanks

Buddel
If it ain't broke, don't fix it.
Premium
join:2004-03-06
EU
kudos:3
reply to chachazz

Updated. Thanks, chachazz See Profile.

Pentangle
With our thoughts we make the world.
Premium
join:2006-06-01
Vancouver BC
kudos:2
reply to chachazz

Thanks HoneyBee. Got it.

onDvine
Don't Litter. Spay-Neuter.
Premium
join:2005-01-29
So. CA, USA
kudos:9
reply to chachazz

Muchas gracias, chachazz!

MarkAW
Barry White
Premium
join:2001-08-27
Canada
kudos:16

1 recommendation

reply to chachazz

Got it thanks chazzy.

KoRnGtL15
Premium
join:2007-01-04
Grants Pass, OR
kudos:1
reply to chachazz

Weird thing happened. I have Winpatrol plus for Windows 7 64 bit. Before upgrading. I closed WP and then ran the installer. Once installed. It defaulted to the free version. I had to put in my information again to activate back to plus. Has this happened to anyone else? My other machine using Windows 8 64 bit and WP plus worked just fine when updating.

Exidor
Premium
join:2001-05-04
Brampton, ON

Re: [Free/Paid] WinPatrol 2013 - v28.6.2013

Yes, same thing happened to me on Windows 7 64-bit.
I misplaced my Plus code and had to look it up though Belarc Advisor.
Previous WinPatrol upgrades always saved the Plus code, if I recall correctly.

KoRnGtL15
Premium
join:2007-01-04
Grants Pass, OR
kudos:1

Exactly. They always saved. Don't know what the problem was. Obviously some kind of bug if it happened to you as well.

BIGbadjohn
This bad boy stole one of my birds.-
Premium
join:2003-03-05
Ireland

1 recommendation

reply to chachazz

Re: [Free/Paid] WinPatrol 2013 - v28.6.201

Updated OK here on Windows 7. I'll keep an eye on other two machines when I get around to updating them. XP and Vista.

Dustyn
Premium
join:2003-02-26
Ontario, CAN
kudos:11
reply to chachazz

I missed this. Thanks for the update!