how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

jmather

join:2013-08-13
Hartford, CT

Asus RT-N66U connection/setup problems

Just purchased the ASUS to replace an old Linksys router. The initial setup went fine, all worked well. My wife shut down the PC and on restart, no connection. I spent the entire weekend trying to fix - here's where I am at present:

Can connect through the modem only to the PC. When I add the router via ethernet cables, no connection. I can't access the setup wizard through the CD (no connection to router) or by web @192.168.1.1. Try to reset router and nothing happens (press rest btn, power on, hold reset btn for 10+ seconds and release - I keep reading that the power light should blink before I release the reset btn....it has never blinked.) tried clearing the nvram....didn't help.

I have a feeling that the MAC address in the router is messed up, but how can I fix this when I can't access the firmware and can't reset or clear the nvram. I have powered all (PC, modem , Router) off numerous times but nothing helps now.

Not sure where to go from here?
thanks for any help.

xrayman

join:2008-12-09
Kansas City
kudos:1
I think you will find more help with a router question by posting here: »Other Manufacturers

jmather

join:2013-08-13
Hartford, CT
just posted there- thanks!