spc
Search similar:

uniqs

RARPSL
join:1999-12-08
Suffern, NY

RARPSL

What About Cable Channels?

Everyone is focusing on if there should be credits for missing CBS network support. What is being ignored is that not only is CBS network being pulled/blocked but so are a number of CBS cable networks like Showtime and others. Since they are paid for by the customers, there should be credits for them not being supplied. As it is, TWC is collecting for them but not allowing customers to see what they have paid for. I assume that CBS is collecting for them also so this is a complete rip-off on the part of TWC (and possibly CBS).

As to CBS.COM, SHO.COM, etc. They are also being blocked from ANYONE who has TWC as their internet access provider. This blockage not only covers those who are covered by TWC in the areas where the TV feeds have been pulled but also areas where TWC is still supplying the TV (and Cable Network) support. Also those who for example get their TV from a Satellite service but Internet from TWC are being blocked from getting to the sites no matter where they are located.

kpfx
join:2005-10-28
San Antonio, TX

kpfx

2) Customers who currently pay Time Warner Cable for Showtime or TMC should expect to see a credit for those channels in an upcoming bill. The credit will be retroactive back to the first day of the Showtime/TMC blackout. They will be credited based on the number of days those channels are not available to them.

»www.twcableuntangled.com ··· lackout/

They are crediting the pay stations like Showtime. I believe they are also giving Starz for free in their place.

And I agree that the blocking of CBS.COM is a new low. What's next.... will CBS block access for the entire restaurant industry because Leslie Moonves didn't like the price of his dinner?

motorola870
join:2008-12-07
Arlington, TX

motorola870

said by kpfx:

2) Customers who currently pay Time Warner Cable for Showtime or TMC should expect to see a credit for those channels in an upcoming bill. The credit will be retroactive back to the first day of the Showtime/TMC blackout. They will be credited based on the number of days those channels are not available to them.

»www.twcableuntangled.com ··· lackout/

They are crediting the pay stations like Showtime. I believe they are also giving Starz for free in their place.

And I agree that the blocking of CBS.COM is a new low. What's next.... will CBS block access for the entire restaurant industry because Leslie Moonves didn't like the price of his dinner?

hmm shouldn't they be crediting for Smithsonian HD and Flix? I guess not because they cost the customers very little as a part of their package?

Anonymous_
Anonymous
Premium Member
join:2004-06-21

Anonymous_ to RARPSL

Premium Member

to RARPSL
said by RARPSL:

Everyone is focusing on if there should be credits for missing CBS network support. What is being ignored is that not only is CBS network being pulled/blocked but so are a number of CBS cable networks like Showtime and others. Since they are paid for by the customers, there should be credits for them not being supplied. As it is, TWC is collecting for them but not allowing customers to see what they have paid for. I assume that CBS is collecting for them also so this is a complete rip-off on the part of TWC (and possibly CBS).

As to CBS.COM, SHO.COM, etc. They are also being blocked from ANYONE who has TWC as their internet access provider. This blockage not only covers those who are covered by TWC in the areas where the TV feeds have been pulled but also areas where TWC is still supplying the TV (and Cable Network) support. Also those who for example get their TV from a Satellite service but Internet from TWC are being blocked from getting to the sites no matter where they are located.

TWC has offered Stars package as as replacement

OSUGoose
join:2007-12-27
Columbus, OH

OSUGoose

And if your already paying for Starz as well....... There is not "value" in providing that to us.

Anonymous_
Anonymous
Premium Member
join:2004-06-21

Anonymous_

Premium Member

ask for credit or get sattlite

OSUGoose
join:2007-12-27
Columbus, OH

OSUGoose

I did and they refused, told me to call back tomorrow.