uniqs
wth
Premium Member
join:2002-02-20
Iowa City,IA

wth

Premium Member

[Cable HSI] New Data Cap & Old 12/1 Grandfathered Plan

Since it looks like all of the grandfathered non capped 12/1 ($45.95/month) customers are going to be capped and since the capped 15/1 plan is the same price as the old 12/1 plan, are all of the 12/1 customers going to get a new 15/1 config file pushed out/assigned to their account on Sept 7th?

MediacomChad
Mediacom Social Media Relations Team
Premium Member
join:2010-01-20
Gulf Breeze, FL

MediacomChad

Premium Member

In most areas customers who were on the 12/1 configuration were converted to the 15/1 configuration on the modem side.

mertz67
@myvzw.com

mertz67

Anon

Is it true that in September ALL previously grandfathered accounts will be placed under caps? Or is this only hitting some of the tiers?

MediacomChad
Premium Member
Gulf Breeze, FL

MediacomChad

Premium Member

All customers will have a data allowance starting in September of this year. This will only affect 2-3% of all of our customers. If you would like to send me an IM with your account number or phone number, I would be more than happy to check your average usage.
GLIMMER
join:2004-01-17
Fisher, IL

GLIMMER

chad can you please drop the 2-3% bs line. If you are so sure of that please post some HARD DATA. I have yet to see a mediacom usage meter be right either. Is this going to be fixed?

MediacomChad
Premium Member
Gulf Breeze, FL

MediacomChad

Premium Member

We have no issues with usage meter.
drslash (banned)
Goya Asma
join:2002-02-18
Marion, IA

drslash (banned)

said by MediacomChad:

I have a problem with it. What happened to the past 3 months view?
k9iua6
join:2004-05-23
Dubuque, IA

k9iua6 to MediacomChad

to MediacomChad
said by MediacomChad:

Chad, the problem with the usage meter is that the 3-month display keeps breaking. It works for while, and then, like currently, displays nothing. Your web servers are apparently unable to talk to the database server to retrieve the past data. This needs to be fixed so users can have an idea of their current and past usage.
GLIMMER
Fisher, IL

GLIMMER to wth

to wth
my point exactly it does not work right. I cant see 3 months worth of data usage.

thedragonmas
Premium Member
join:2007-12-28
Albany, GA
Netgear R6300 v2
ARRIS SB6180

thedragonmas to MediacomChad

Premium Member

to MediacomChad
said by MediacomChad:

3 month graph

so, a blank graph for the 3 month view isnt a problem?

kwbelt1
join:2006-06-03
Harrisburg, IL

kwbelt1 to MediacomChad

to MediacomChad
There has to be an issue. It shows I used 14gb last month. Just under 250 the month before and I'm over 250 this month. Internet habits haven't changed in the house so last month is very, very wrong. And 2 or 3 months in a row early this year 900+gb of data in a week then the meter just stopped counting? Seems like an 'issue' to me.

MediacomChad
Premium Member
Gulf Breeze, FL

MediacomChad to GLIMMER

Premium Member

to GLIMMER
With this change, we began new reporting on usage. So effective July 7, 2013, the customers that were not on a usage allowance previously, will only see 1 month worth of usage. The 3 month tab will update as we move forward and after 4 months, they will again have the current month and the previous 3 months of usage data.

*Note: Some of the customers that were not on a usage allowance were already viewing their usage. Since we started new reporting on usage, all of these customers usage reporting will now start with July 7, 2013. Thus meaning, they will only see 1 month of usage at this time. The 3 month tab will update as we move forward.
drslash (banned)
Goya Asma
join:2002-02-18
Marion, IA

drslash (banned)

More brilliant logic from Mediacom...break something that was working fine.

thedragonmas
Premium Member
join:2007-12-28
Albany, GA
Netgear R6300 v2
ARRIS SB6180

thedragonmas to MediacomChad

Premium Member

to MediacomChad
said by MediacomChad:

With this change, we began new reporting on usage. So effective July 7, 2013, the customers that were not on a usage allowance previously, will only see 1 month worth of usage. The 3 month tab will update as we move forward and after 4 months, they will again have the current month and the previous 3 months of usage data.

*Note: Some of the customers that were not on a usage allowance were already viewing their usage. Since we started new reporting on usage, all of these customers usage reporting will now start with July 7, 2013. Thus meaning, they will only see 1 month of usage at this time. The 3 month tab will update as we move forward.

i dont mean to be a pain here but, lets say for example a user never bothered to look at their usage, now all of a sudden they see they will start being billed overages. doesnt mediacom think that now they might want to look at previous usage to see if they would like to upgrade instead of getting hit with an overage bill?

mediacom logic = fail
OrangeC
join:2013-07-07
Oelwein, IA

OrangeC to wth

to wth
Instead of mediacoms crappy ass meter i downloaded a bandwith monitor program. Might not be 100% accurate but mediacoms must not be either so its worth a shot.
GLIMMER
Fisher, IL

GLIMMER to MediacomChad

to MediacomChad
It's broke for everyone. I have been on usage based for months and I can't sew the last 3 months. Mediacom couldn't find there way out of a wet paper bag
nicheplayer
join:2008-02-15
Iowa City, IA

nicheplayer to wth

to wth
Another issue is that the usage meter site doesn't appear to be connected in any way to the Mediacom customer service site. What's up with that? Is Mediacom's idea of "the power to simplify" to require me to have two separate logins to access information that should be easily available when I log in to the customer service site I've been using for years?

bulletsam
join:2008-04-08
Charleston, IL

bulletsam to kwbelt1

to kwbelt1
Which is exactly the reason I saved this.
nicheplayer
Iowa City, IA

nicheplayer to GLIMMER

to GLIMMER
said by GLIMMER:

chad can you please drop the 2-3% bs line. If you are so sure of that please post some HARD DATA.

You don't think Mediacom has a pretty good grasp of these numbers?

tsduke
Premium Member
join:2006-03-04
Waterloo, IA

tsduke to MediacomChad

Premium Member

to MediacomChad
Great, so we can't get an accurate average to see where we are really at a month before the caps go in to affect??

IowaMan
Premium Member
join:2008-08-21
Grinnell, IA

IowaMan to nicheplayer

Premium Member

to nicheplayer
Amen! Why the heck??
MediacomChad explain this?
GLIMMER
Fisher, IL

GLIMMER to nicheplayer

to nicheplayer
said by nicheplayer:

said by GLIMMER:

chad can you please drop the 2-3% bs line. If you are so sure of that please post some HARD DATA.

You don't think Mediacom has a pretty good grasp of these numbers?

Nope I don't. Its just like ATT saying the have the worlds largest 4g network. Total BS claim. There marketing department is good at stretching the truth. Thats why I said give the hard data if your going to open your mouth about it. Even if they did there are some areas that are just getting 50/5 and 105/10 service because of there lack of investment and that will change the percentages also. I was just able to get 50/5 service 4 months ago. I still cant get the 105/10 service.
alarson83
join:2007-01-06
West Des Moines, IA

alarson83 to nicheplayer

to nicheplayer
said by nicheplayer:

Another issue is that the usage meter site doesn't appear to be connected in any way to the Mediacom customer service site. What's up with that? Is Mediacom's idea of "the power to simplify" to require me to have two separate logins to access information that should be easily available when I log in to the customer service site I've been using for years?

Agreed with this. I dont have or really even want a mediacom email. The only time ive had one was when it was created years and years ago when i was still on my parents account living at home before college (im 28 now).. it still forwards to my gmail but i have no idea even what the password is anymore.
nicheplayer
Iowa City, IA

nicheplayer

The exchange I had with support via chat this morning would've probably been pretty comical to someone who wasn't actually involved in it.