share rss forum feed

signmeuptoo
Bless you Howie
Premium
join:2001-11-22
NanoParticle
kudos:5

Darn, watch it, guys.

So I've been buying parts for a very low cost build to send to my family in Cebu. Things haven't gone all that well, I accidentally ordered a DVD ROM rather than burner, the Amazon 3rd party seller sent me SODIMMS instead of DIMMs (DDR2-800), and now, a mouse I ordered through Newegg from third party vendor turns out to not be quite as advertised:

Mouse is supposed to be a type of force feedback. The page doesn't indicate that there are NO drivers on Logitech as the mouse is so old and EOL that they don't even show the mouse on their site now. Also, the page indicates a multi year warranty, but how is Logitech going to support something so EOL? newegg shouldn't have allowed these claims to show without disclaimers for OS (nothing older than 32 bit Vista) and that product is so EOL don't expect warranty on it.

Not a big deal that the force feedback is a no go, I just needed a decent mouse for her, but I'm annoyed that it can't be used as advertised. I submitted a review, we shall see if they post it. My bad for not doing due diligence to see if product shows on manufacturer's site!

I just feel like I am batting 100 these days.
--
Join Teams Helix and Discovery. Rest in Peace, Leonard David Smith, my best friend, you are missed badly! Rest in peace, Pop, glad our last years were good. Please pray for Colin, he has ependymoma, a brain cancer, donate to a children's Hospital.

Krisnatharok
Caveat Emptor
Premium
join:2009-02-11
Earth Orbit
kudos:12
What are you buying, parts made 10 years ago for LGA 775?

I would never expect a mouse to have force feedback.

signmeuptoo
Bless you Howie
Premium
join:2001-11-22
NanoParticle
kudos:5
It's not exactly force feedback, I forget what they call it. Yes, the board is a DDR2 AMD board, not 10 years, but old. My thread about it is here:

»Build for overseas family

It's a barrel scrape build, I admit it. But my current system is actually almost just as old (DDR2 ASRock 770 board and Phenom II Deneb). It's enough. Her's will be enough.

I had no idea that a sensory feedback mouse was "old", the page doesn't give any indication of that. OTOH, the mouse cost 8 bucks before shipping, so it's ok, but I am just saying watch out guys when you buy that maybe the information on newegg isn't quite right nowadays, with third party vendor deals.

I only expect what is advertised (except when it comes to women, hah hah).
--
Join Teams Helix and Discovery. Rest in Peace, Leonard David Smith, my best friend, you are missed badly! Rest in peace, Pop, glad our last years were good. Please pray for Colin, he has ependymoma, a brain cancer, donate to a children's Hospital.

HappyFrappy

join:2000-10-04
North
reply to signmeuptoo
From my own headaches of Amazon Storefronts who inaccurately list items or pull a bait and switch(ship the wrong item which is lesser yet had a UPC barcode of the higher priced item stuck over the original), I'm not too surprised of your NewEgg experience as they also have a lax policy of storefront 3rd party sellers... the "From Asia Storefronts" are heavily monitored yet other storefronts are like a wild west of Building 19/Ocean State Job Lot "surplus" being sold with partial/sloppy product info.

I wouldn't give up on the force feedback mouse not working on 7/8, most "Vista" drivers will work perfectly on Windows 7 x64/Windows 8 x64--I own a few Vista 32-only hardware and their drivers work fine.

Your best bet when shopping with storefronts is to look at their 30/90/365 days of feedback and weigh in the risks of ordering. In my experience I avoid shopping with storefronts which have back-to-back complaints & 5+ percent negative feedback as there is risk of getting hosed.